Do you want to go sailing, windsurfing, biking or just out of the door? This application shows the current local outdoor wind speed (in beaufort, mph and km/h) and direction, measured by a nearby weather station for which it uses your current location.
- The background color changes with the wind speed
- The direction of the wind is shown on a live compass
- Change between different wind speed units (beaufort, mph, km/h, m/s, knots)
- The wind is automatically updated every hour
- The location is automatically updated when you move more than 5 miles/10km
- The current wind date can be shared
- Support for the iPhone 6 and 6+
- Support for the iPad multitasking (split view..)
Ad supported freeware
- new design
- no restrictions but advertising
Ratings and Reviews
This app tricks you into buying the upgrade, I believe it's hard to understand and not accurate according to the wind speed I have in my area. My weather app says the wind is between 12 and 18 miles an hour right now. This wind speed app says zero.
OnlyBerlin $for your location
I wish I would have read the other two reviews first. The app is free, but you have to pay to get info on your current location. Pointless app.
Wind speed doesn't change and is wrong. It said the wind was 21 mph while it was pretty calm here. I upgraded but it didn't help. Also, the advertisement stays on the bottom of the screen. Kinda annoying.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.