App.net - Broadcast With Push
By Mixed Media Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never miss important news again with App.net Broadcast. Subscribe to things you care about and receive real-time push notifications on your phone when something important happens. You can even create your own broadcast channels and send push notification alerts to your subscribers for free.
With App.net you can:
* Subscribe to things you care about in a range of categories including: news, tech, music, comics, podcasts, politics, humor, food, sports, health, photography, arts, science, etc.
* Receive a push notification when something important happens
* Create your own broadcast channels and send push notifications to your subscribers
* Share alerts with built-in social tools and be the first person in your network to break news
* Discover other amazing applications that work with your App.net account.
Have any questions or suggestions? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 2.3.945
- Bug fixes.
I like this app for broadcasts
The annoying thing about it is, if I leave the app without closing out of the broadcast I viewed, it doesn't mark as read. So it's a multi step process to reopen the app, go to the article I already read, exit it, and go back to the main screen just to clear the notification badge. If it wasn't so tedious it would be great.
It's an App.net client that doesn't show your follower feed. You read that right, you can't see the posts of the people you follow on App.net. However you can follow the broadcasts of organizations you choose to subscribe too. This makes it completely useless as a app.net client.
It's as if you stripped away all the good content from app.net and only allowed brands and marketing messages... This isn't solving a problem anyone has. Pretty much the opposite.
I miss Netbot.