iOrnament: draw creative geometry art
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• What users say: "Fantastic ArtScience offering!", "Such a fun, beautiful and relaxing App.", "It's a universe of wonder", "The Best Art App" ...
• 10/10 stars on Musthaveapps.de
• Users' choice in 2015 Tabby Awards
• Third place in Best App Ever Awards
• Global 4.7 stars average rating based on over 2000 ratings
iOrnament combines art and science, creativity and education, math and fun. With iOrnament everyone can be an artist. You draw strokes and iOrnament repeats them according to rules of symmetry. You will create fascinating ornaments and intricate designs. Fun and challenge from ages 3 to 103. Interactive pop-up tutorial and many drawing tips included!
New in Version 2: Dynamic strokes and support for 3D Touch and Apple Pencil.
iOrnament is an app that is designed for drawing ornamental designs that are both artistically and mathematically fascinating. You draw simple strokes and the app repeats them over and over according to the rules of the 17 crystallographic wallpaper groups. By this, fantastic symmetric patterns are created. Kaleidoscope like pictures, tilings, complicated knots and artistic pavements are right at your fingertips. In addition iOrnament contains an interactive pop-up book that explains mathematical backgrounds on the theory of wallpaper groups and a sampler of classical ornaments from ancient cultures.
The design of iOrnament is based on extensive experience in interactive science exhibitions. Children of all ages love it as well as scientifically or artistically interested adults.
• full support of all 17 wallpaper groups
• artistic rainbow color palette and pens
• support for Apple Pencil
• glow pen to add highlights
• English and German language support
• export to photos, e-mail and facebook
• saving, loading and recovering
• extensive collection of tips for usage
• preview of symmetries and fundamental cells
• animated drawing process
• change symmetry type on the fly
• scroll, zoom and rotate
• unlimited undo/redo
• full featured iPhone 5 and iPad versions
• supports Retina Display
• interactive tutorial on math backgrounds
• sampler of classical ornaments
• based on mathematical theory
• supports rosette symmetries
• integration of ornament world exhibition
Via In-App Purchase
• 3D ornaments on spheres
• Escheresque color symmetries
• layers and brushes
• background colors and textures
Further information, example galleries and demo videos at www.science-to-touch.com.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Version 2.0 of iOrnament is major step forward. Hightlighs are:
* Higher internal resolution
* Support for Apple Pencil and 3D Touch
* Dynamic strokes (also without pencil)
* More storage slots
* Completely reworked drawing algorithms
* Full advantage of iOS 9 advanced touch features
And for Pro Upgrade
* Background colors
* Export of transparent layers
To summarize: "A single stroke has never been that expressive"
An iPad must have
Wether you're an artist or not, iOrnament is must have app. I don't get math but I do love making patterns, Mandelas and designs. It's easy to change colors, pens and design options. It's easy to share via camera roll, email and social media. Save up to 500 pieces in the storage gallery. And most important, making these is a most relaxing way to spend your time. Some people like coloring books. I LOVE iOrnament. It's even better if you have an iPad Pro and Pencil. And if you want to learn more about the math behind it (haha, I don't) Jürgen try's to help explain it. Give it a go.
I mostly use Iornament to create complex and detailed mandalas at a fraction of the time it takes to draw by hand. The first version was more for fun, not a lot of options, low resolution and black background. Now! You can change the background, have a very high quality printed image, and change brushes, colors, opacity. It's incredible useful and fun. It's also very user friendly. My 6 year old son figured it out mostly by himself very quickly. Such an awesome tool, weather for professional use or just to relax and explore.
Makes the simplest of doodles look like fine art.
Even if you care nothing for the math behind iOrnament, the great designs you can make with it should sell you on this fun app. I love everything about it; the explanation, the controls, the ease of use. I have made several embroidery patterns with this app and a quick walk through the gallery of designs people do should sell you on this program. The 99 cent pro upgrade is worth far more than that trifling sum. If you have one art app on your tablet it should be this one.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 18, 2016
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 87.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Juergen Richter-Gebert
- © Jürgen Richter-Gebert
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro$0.99