Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 45.0.2454.89
• Support for iOS 9
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Uninstalled after "scroll down to refresh" happened
I used to love Chrome on my iPhone. It would sync everything that I needed and integrated well with other chrome apps. However, I really hated using it once they introduced the "scroll down to refresh the page" functionality. I understand that it mimics apps that refresh content when scrolling down, but this doesn't make sense for browsing the web. Too many times this has messed up my session. I often try to fill in forms on sites that don't have a great mobile experience, and when moving around on the page, I accidentally scroll down too far and it refreshes everything and I lose my session. Absolutely the worst when trying to, for example, book a flight, buy tickets, make a dining reservation, sign up for some kind of service, etc.
This alone has made me switch back to Safari. Please remove this functionality or at least let us disable it in the settings.
So Much Better Than Safari, It's Ridiculous Their Rating Is So Low
After finally having enough of Safari's constant lags and crashes (it tanked on over half my pages) I finally caved and downloaded Google Chrome. So far, I've experienced zero problems with Chrome, and not a single crash or problem reload on a webpage. The sites I access also come up instantly. It's made me love using my iPad again. The app may not be five stars when compared to operating on a desktop, but it's definitely five stars when compared to the other browser options on iPad.
For those that are complaining about tab switching
As the title says, tab switching is still enabled, however you need to swipe across the top of the url bar to switch tabs.
Swiping in the middle of the page will activate back and forward navigation.
Five stars as the browser is always there when I need it except when I'm running too much and run out of memory causing it to crash. Close out of your apps when you're done people!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 15, 2015
- Version: 45.0.2454.89
- Size: 71.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.