This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Improve Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary
This app is designed for students of our Premium Members. Visit our website to sign up today.
More About VocabularySpellingCity
VocabularySpellingCity is a research-proven tool that helps teachers and parents meet the challenge of providing meaningful, intentional, and extended vocabulary practice for students while improving fluency and retention.
Parents, schools and districts across the country and the world continue to use VocabularySpellingCity to improve vocabulary retention and reading comprehension.
With 35+ interactive word games and thousands of pre-made word lists, our app helps build literacy skills in a fun and engaging way!
With each game, students can see, hear, speak, write, break down, and play with words including high frequency words, developmental spelling words, and vocabulary. This helps students strengthen their literacy skills in an effective and long-lasting way.
*Access to the full features of this app is limited to VocabularySpellingCity Premium Members. To go Premium, visit our website: www.spellingcity.com
Keeping up, catching up, or getting ahead in vocabulary retention and comprehension can be fun and easy! Rather than memorizing flashcards or reading textbooks, our specially designed games offer a wide variety of interactive ways to improve literacy skills.
STUDENTS catch up, keep up, and stay ahead on your literacy skills at school, at home, or on-the-go.
PARENTS help kids develop effective reading skills, which are key for success in school (and in life)!
TEACHERS help students continue their learning and review material in or out of the classroom.
The 35+ interactive games and activities let students learn and retain words more effectively through:
• The games provide diverse and repeated opportunities to encounter new words, greatly aiding in retention.
• With voice recordings, interactive sound boxes, animations, syllable activities and contextual sentences, these games create a rich learning experience for students.
• Students can create and save review lists and pair them with different games for continued repeated practice for greater retention.
• Our ready-made word lists support literature, academic vocabulary, content area vocabulary, and informational texts from the CCSS. Studying with these targeted lists can improve student performance across all aspects of their academic career.
• Our self-testing activities give students this opportunity, while also helping them identify gaps in their knowledge, so that they can prepare for school evaluations and be sure to master the material.
• 9 free spelling, vocabulary, reading and phonics games
• Pre-made and customized word lists
• 35+ games with a Premium Membership
• Automatic tracking and progress reports with a Premium Membership
When you go Premium, you gain access to all 35+ vocabulary, spelling, phonics and writing activities, as well as student records and assignments. Visit our website, at www.spellingcity.com, to learn more.
Since our founding in 2008, we have received numerous awards for our website and app, including the 2017 and 2016 SIIA CODiE award in the “Best Game-Based Curriculum Solution” category. We have also ranked among Homeschool.com’s Top 100 Educational Websites every year since 2009.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Enhanced search to help students of Free Members quickly find their teacher's homepage through the app.
2017 This app is now ONLY for Premium users, we spent a lot of time the past few years adding our lists on here and loved it as we could use it wherever we were at. Now we can only access it on the computer through the internet website (which we prefer to limit internet access with our children). We understand they need to make some $$ but we can no longer give it the rating we had before because 'the app' no longer offers it's original purpose to all members which is what we originally got it for.
2014 We love this app and have used it for the past few years. It has been a big help, especially now since we home school. The update for this app said it would help with the new iOS update, I just updated yesterday and now I can't get this app to work. It says it doesn't support my devices resolution now. Can you please fix this soon ?!?
This app was designed for students of premium members
We have been using this app for a long time but they decided to make it useless. Nice.
Why is there no sound when used on the iPad?
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 06, 2017
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 27.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SpellingCity.com, Inc.
- © 2017, SpellingCity.com, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.