By aZeR DiLLs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Featured in Editor's Picked by Best10Apps.com **
HEX Editor iOS App allows you to view & edit the raw data contents of a file. The data of the file are represented in two columns; hexadecimal paired values & ASCII characters.
HEX Editor supports editing & viewing on all types of file (regardless of OS platform). With its simple UI yet packed with features, editing any type of files on-the-go will be effortless. Features include:
1. Supports editing in both HEX or TEXT mode concurrently.
2. Switch views between HEX only, TEXT only or both views anytime while editing a file.
3. Search function supports both for HEX & TEXT mode. Users are now able to select "Find Next", "Replace" once, or "Replace All". In addition, "Exact Match" or "Case Insensitive" search options are added.
Note** - replacing bytes will results in adding or removing of bytes IF number of bytes you are replacing is different from the number of bytes you are searching. i.e. if you search "00FF" & replace with "AA01FF", this will automatically insert the additional byte to the file. If you search "editor" & replace with "edit", this will automatically delete the unwanted 2 bytes.
4. Move easily between bytes while editing via the "Prev" & "Next" buttons on the keyboard.
5. Insert & delete any number of bytes at any given locations are supported.
6. "Jump to.." any location of the file easily by specifying the byte number to go to.
7. "Save" or "Save as" edited files are supported.
8. Export files via email or Dropbox instantly within App.
9. File manager allows user to rename, delete, and preview all files inside the App's document folder.
10. From the preview view, users will have the options to export or open the files via any other installed App that supports that particular type of files or do other useful supported actions for example.. if the file is "PDF", user can export & open this file in iBooks, print to any air print printer, email file, export to Dropbox, export to PDF Assembler, etc.
10a. iOS 7 users will be able to use AirDrop feature to share files with others or to import files from other iOS 7 device!
11. Theme selector will allow you to choose the color theme while in edit mode. This will help many users to choose colors that are best for their eyes only i.e. black background with white text, etc.
12. Web downloader will allow users to download files from the internet or LAN.
13. Media importer will allow users to import photos & videos from the photo library.
14. Uploader will allow users to upload files to the App's document folder via the built-in web based file-server. You can switch on this service on your device & point your PC or Mac web browser to the given IP address & start uploading your files.
15. Import any files from your Dropbox account instantly is also supported.
16. Import any files from your email attachments or any other installed Apps that supports file sharing via the "Open in.." feature.
Please email us for suggestions, comments or any bug reports at email@example.com & kindly spare some time to rate this App in the App Store to show your support. We appreciate if user can contact us directly at the email above for any issues rather than posting in the comments section in the App Store as we have no way to reply to it & we for sure needs all the information in order for us to troubleshoot the issues.
Thank you & Enjoy!
IMPORTANT NOTES : Editing the raw content of a file may rendered the file to be useless. Make sure you know what your are editing & we shall not be liable for any kind of damages to the system or software due to the use of this App.
What's New in Version 5.1
* Now supports editing in Landscape mode!
* Improved Photo Library importer.
* Minor bug fixes & improvements.
When i save a file from the download browser it saves as the exact same file that I downloaded it won't save the real file please fix this I heard someone in reviews say the same thing happened in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And When I save a file it always is names S not the name it was when I downloaded it and it changes the files type to .file if I saved I file named GAMEDATA.dat it saves it as S.file for every file I download and it just save the save file over and over again even if I download a different one them now!!!!!!!!! Or I will get my money back!!!!!!!!!
Works OK with trivial files like PNG and PDF, but when I try to throw a QuickTime .mov at it (120 MB), it crashes every time. Perhaps it’s trying to load the whole thing into memory. If so: bad idea.
Anyone who would even want a hex editor would want a rock solid tool that handles anything you throw at it. This is not that app. On the Mac, we have the open source HexEdit from Jim Bumgardner and Lane Roathe. If this app were just a port of that code to iOS, I’d be very happy.
wont let me see my files
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 03, 2013
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: aZeR DiLLs
- © aZeR Dills
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.