By FDG Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PREPARE FOR THE WORLD’S FIRST ENDLESS ACTION RPG
Slayin will test your skills like no other endless game on the App Store. Don’t get yourself fooled by its charming retro graphics and motivating chiptune soundtrack. In this game, death lurks behind every corner!
Your task sounds all so simple. First choose from one of three heroes: knight, wizard and knave. Then slay as many monsters as possible, while leveling up and getting more powerful equipment and spells along the way. But there’s a catch: once you die, you’re gone for good!
On your journey you will travel through numerous locations and encounter dozens of different monsters and fearsome bosses. Eventually, you will even have to face the giant dragon of legend. But he will not part with his treasure easily. Only the most worthy adventurers will be able to complete this task and become a true hero. Get ready for some slayin!
• World’s first endless action RPG
• Challenging and rewarding
• Pixel perfect retro graphics
• Chiptune soundtrack by Matt Creamer (Retro City Rampage)
• 6 unique playable classes: knight, wizard, knave, archer, tamer and ninja
• Endless loot: tons of weapons, armor and spells
• Face legendary monsters and bosses
• More than a hundred challenging quests to master
• 3 unique game modes
• Compete with your friends on Game Center
What's New in Version 2.0
•3 brand new and completely original characters:
Take aim with the deadly accurate archer
Ride monsters and master their abilities with the versatile Tamer
Kill silently with the lightning-fast Ninja
•Tons of new weapons and additional game skins
Each new character comes with his own arsenal of deadly weapons and a new game skin
•More awesome retro music by Matt Creamer
Unlock an alternative in game track.
•New missions, achievements and leaderboards
Master the new characters missions and take them to the global competition on the leaderboards
Buy this game if:
- You like games like Castlevania, Contra, and Megaman-- lots of enemies to dodge
- You like face-paced gameplay
- You're patient
- You like in-game challenges ("Kill 50 slimes")
- Challenging games are more rewarding than frustrating to you
- You LOVE hack-and-slash gameplay
- You like being able to access every game option without in-app purchases (SEE BELOW!)
- Replay value is something you cherish
Don't buy this game if:
- You like having every character option available to you at the beginning of the game, nothing to unlock
- You don't like to have to put a lot of time in to unlocking new things
- The idea of playing the same bosses over and over again sounds tedious
- You don't like chaotic gameplay
- You hate games that require you to dodge enemies
- You like story-driven games
What the other reviewers said is completely true: you do NOT need in-app purchases for this game unless you don't want to put the time into unlocking things. I would like to see the prices of different classes dropped a little, though. Not by a lot, otherwise you could unlock them too quickly and the game would lose replay value. Just a little.
I wasn't going to write a review. I swear. Then I read the other reviews.
Complaint: the game requires 6$ for all purchases.
Facepalm: ya don't buy the stuff unless you are too stupid to play the game.
Complaint: No permanent level ups
Facepalm: leveling up does not increase your power, just marks how far you are in the game.
Complaint: tornado is useless
Facepalm: have you tried using it?
Complaint: wizard can't kill imp
Facepalm: you need the flare attack.
For everyone who doesn't have the game, I would strongly recommend you get it. I love the 8-bit music/graphics, and I love how the game works. Basically, you use different characters with different abilities to destroy enemies, which gets you coins for the seldom arriving merchant. The game gets progressively harder and harder, facing boss after boss upon the way, until you (most likely) fail. If you are good enough to survive, there are 7-8 bosses to defeat, so you could consider that an ending. The characters are creative and unique, and overall I've had a great experience with the game. Worth every penny and more.
Awesome game! Never gets boring, love that the different characters have different store items! I can't wait to get the tamer! People say the prices are too high, but I think that it gives you something to work for. People also complain that they are forced to review the game....there are three options! Yes, later, and no! Just because it asks for a review doesn't mean that you have to give it a terrible rating! I love this game, and I hope they keep adding new content. Download it now!
(UPDATE): I bought the Knave, but the name is showing up as the Knight on the Choose your Hero screen! It still plays as the Knave, but it's just kind of annoying not to have the name and picture. When I spent 5000 Fame Points, I thought I was going to get the awesome pixel art too! By the way, I skipped the Wizard because I bought her before, and HER name showed up as the Knight, so I had to redownload my game, lose my progress, and see if the Knave did the same thing. Kind of frustrating! If you have an update for the names, can you make it not delete my progress? Thank you! iPod 4th Gen iOS 6.1.5.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 19.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FDG Mobile Games GbR
- ©2013 FDG Entertainment
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bard's Poem$0.99
- Bard's Sonnet$2.99
- Bard's Epic$5.99