By Tai Shimizu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free for a limited time!*
Inkist lets you paint on your iPad with highly customizable brushes and tools you expect from advanced painting software. Inkist eschews the trend of hiding interface elements from you, and presents you with everything you need up front. This minimizes the number of taps needed to switch between tools and provides you with a faster, more streamlined drawing experience.
• Stylus pressure sensitivity with Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus, Adonit Jot Touch, Pogo Connect, and Hex3 JaJa.
• Ability to screen out non-stylus touches with Adonit Jot Touch (Requires Jot Touch 4), Pogo Connect, and Intuos Creative Stylus.
• Share layered files with Inkist/Inkist Lite Mac
• Three layers with blend modes, opacity, and opacity locking settings
• Import/export PNG, PSD (Photoshop), and proprietary ISImage file formats (PSD compatibility limitations listed below)
• Custom shape/pattern
• Minimum radius (light stylus pressure, or beginning and end of stroke)
• Radius jitter
• Minimum opacity
• Opacity jitter
• Color jitter
• Angle jitter
• Make angle follow brush
• Brush files compatible with Inkist on Mac
• Blending tool
• Dodge/Burn blending with customizable strength for highlights, mid tones, and temperature adjustment
• Line tool
• Selection tools
• Hue saturation lightness controls
• Luminance curves
• Text tool
• Image sizes up to 2048x2048
• Option to move toolbar for a left-handed interface
• Brush stroke mirroring
• Layers are supported, but layer settings (blend modes, transparency settings) are not
• Layers above the bottom three layers will be flattened into the top Inkist layer
• Inkist may have trouble opening images significantly larger than Inkist's maximum canvas size
Screenshot artwork generously provided by:
1st: Ray Dillon: http://raydillon.com
2nd: iPad Creator: http://necojarashi.blogspot.com
*Inkist is free while addressing some of the concerns of users, most notably the lag that may be present depending on device and brush used.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Fixes issues with Adonit Jot Touch BT4
• Updates support for Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus
Overall pretty great but...
There could definitely be improvements. The option to add more layers would be great, maybe even the ability to name them. Some of the brushes could use some tweaking as well. They don't exactly follow the stylus or tend to squiggle at certain parts, usually the end of the stroke. And the color picker is in a somewhat awkward position. Being able to select part of the drawing (which you can do) and then move around just that part would be Fantasia as well. Other than that, I have no other suggestions/complaints.
I bought a Bluetooth enabled stylus (Walcom Intuits Creative one to be exact) and it crashed the moment I connected it and proceeds to crash every time I (try to) open the app. Please fix!!!
I love this app and the control it well, tries to give you, and I can't wait to see the improvements and what's coming next! The ability to create your own brushes is awesome, but I seem to have a problem with making them large enough for some applications. Keep up the good work, this has tremendous potential to be a beyond excellent app.
I use this app all the time and I love it. It's not perfect, however. I wish it had auto-save, because sometimes it crashes and then you loose everything you've done since you last saved. I also wish that when you're blending colors, it doesn't make them brighter. Maybe that's just me. But overall, great app!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 27, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Tai Shimizu
- © Tai Shimizu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.