By Shanmin Xu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Family Tree -- based on folder structure
1. folder tree structure, compatible, easy to maintain
2. multiple family trees, link family members between different lineage (e.g. spouse).
3. can add multiple pictures, intro text, tables
4. auto create images thumbnails, default photo
5. image resize, crop, rotate.
6. dropbox upload/download.
7. files transfer thru built-in http server, bluetooth and iTunes file sharing.
8. zip and unzip, easy to backup and restore
9. using camera and album to take photo and video
10. download files from internet URL, including embed images
11. support htm, html, shtml, pdf, xml, txt, docx, xlsx, pptx, doc, xls, ppt, rtf.
12. support jpg, jpeg, bmp, bmpf, ico, cur, xbm, gif, tif, tiff, png, mp4, mpg, mov, m4v, avi, mp3, caf, wav.
13. security password protected
14. unzip support UTF-8 file names (e.g. Chinese)
15. grouped by spouse, children and self.
16. long press to delete, move and rename.
17. chronological chart based on life date.
18. history detail table, able to add location latitude and longitude showing on map.
19. family lineage tree structure map.
20. pinch on folder and file list to zoom in and out.
21. expand / collapse folder
22. jpg exif support
23. search engine.
What's New in Version 3.5
Rebuild by iOS 9 SDK.
No how-to guide, navigational system, nothing…😡😡😡
Ok, first I want to say just how bad this app is: 👎🏼
Second, I want to say, it is not at all what is advertised. You go in and you can only 'open three generations' before you have to upgrade. Well, first of all, there are TWO sample trees. Who the heck needs two sample trees??😡
It has no guide whatsoever. I have no idea how to navigate the app, add members of the family, connect the members of the families, etc. and I can't find the help section anywhere. 😡😡 It's basically a little wanna-be app that wants to advertise all this cool stuff it can do, when really, you can't do crap with it. 😡😡
So if you are looking for a good family tree app. One where you can add the members of your family, connect and see them all at once, know whose parents are whose, who had what children, birthdays, birth places, etc. This is NOT it!
Don't waste your money or time with this app. Maybe when the makers update it and have a how-to guide, then you can consider buying it. But until then, don't waste your time.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 25, 2016
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shanmin Xu
- © Heavenbrook
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- FamilyMap Upgrade$0.99