Bean is an awesome personal counter that lets you count up all the things that need tracking in your life. It’s fast, fun, and easy to use.
“A simple, beautiful counting app for iPhone.” - Khoi Vinh, Subtraction.com
Now you can count as many things as you want, and bookmark them for quick access.
Things to know about Bean:
* Each counter is a Bean and each sheet of 9 is a Pod.
* You can have up to 9 Pods. That’s 81 Beans!
* Count up with one finger and count down with two. Simple.
* Customize your counters with snazzy colors and snappy names.
* Bookmark your Beans for quick access from the Home screen or Today view.
* Zoom in and out with a pinch.
* Tap and hold to rearrange your Beans.
* VoiceOver support.
* iMessage support.
Follow @smallplanetapps for add updates and other news.
Email email@example.com for support.
New Bean for iMessages app:
* Start using the Bean iMessage app to count and keep track of all kinds of things with your friends.
* Many of the same great features of the iOS version, but now you can collaborate!
* Send a counter to a friend and they can count on it or customize the label and the color.
* Tap through to the App Store when composing an iMessage to start using Bean right now.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple but needs work
1. More control of the beans. Locking 9 in a pod is clever for the bean metaphor but I want more control over my beans allowing for only 1 at first and then slowly building to 9 if I choose. But locking us at 9 and no less per screen is bad.
2. Allowing to have more than the description of the beam visible. Ha I g the date constantly visible and the ability to create more fields of info would also be cool. This way each bean is not only differentiated by color and title but also by date and other customizable fields.
I want one bean per day so I can keep track of daily habits. I would need at least the date field to be visible from the zoomed out view.
3. Copy and paste a bean. I will want most of my info the same on each bean, but the date to change essentially. So the ability to duplicate a bean would be awesome!
4. Work with the lock screen, so we can tap to add beans without opening Our phones up for even easier/faster counting.
EDIT: I was thinking a way to simply help with the #1 would be to have the zoom level saved as “last zoom” so when the app resets, or I close out of it and reopen, it will remember the zoom spot I was at and default to it. That way if I was zoomed in bean 2 in pod 2 I will be automatically in the same spot. Make sense? Cuz my needs are to only have one bean showing on my screen at a time. This zoom feature would solve that problem in a really cool and intuitive waY.
Simple and beautiful
Does what it says it will do, I use it all the time to keep track of lots of things at once. Love it!
Does what it does.
It's nicely executed. Would love to see a few advance features but can't argue with how well it works for what it claims to be.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.