An educational game to learn the location of notes on the fretboard of the bass guitar. Eleven instruments are available, including guitars (acoustic and electric), mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
You are presented with a random note on the fretboard, and are offered a variety of choices for the correct answer. Just pick the button corresponding to the correct choice to score a hit!
The new staff training mode also helps you learn the position of notes on the musical staff on the fretboard of your instrument.
As your score gets better and you manage to identify notes faster across the entire fretboard, your working knowledge of the instrument increases!
Game mode provides a fun way to make progress. Work your way through levels of increasing difficulty and compete with your friends!
WHAT ARTISTS SAY ABOUT THE APP
“ Learning the notes on the fretboard is key to any guitarist's development on the instrument, and [Fretuoso] is a neat way to get that info burned into your brain without having to carry a guitar with you everywhere you go. Pretty cool! ”
-- Bryan Beller (Dethklok, Steve Vai, Mike Keneally)
“ This is one of the best apps I've seen in a while. It's simple, fun and educational. Very useful for guitar players as a lot of [them] tend to play by ear and not care much about knowing the fretboard. ”
-- Rick Musallam (Mike Keneally, Gryphon Labs)
- Train your ear while improving your working knowledge of the instrument.
- Learn the position of notes on the musical staff; say goodbye to tabs!
- Eleven different beautiful, realistic-looking instruments! Includes 5 guitars, 3 basses, mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
- Focus your training on particular parts of the fretboard: any range of frets, any subset of the strings.
- Many common tunings are built in, but custom tunings can also be created.
- Visualize your progress on the fretboard; statistics are kept for every fret.
- Smart Learning Engine: the app automatically focuses on sections of the fretboard where you are weaker.
- Integration with Game Center, Twitter and Facebook: compete with your friends and share your progress!
- Left-handed mode is available.
The basic version comes with the full 4-string bass instrument. Additional instruments can be purchased from within the app, either separately or as a discounted bundle.
Updates for the latest iPhone devices and iOS 12.
Please e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or requests so we may assist you!
Ratings and Reviews
The ability to choose your own tuning makes this app great!
When I first got it I was worried it wouldn't do me any good because of the EADG tuning. But then I went into settings and found I could set it for BbEbAbDb and was stoked.
Nice app for learning notes on staff or neck
I've spent hours and hours perfecting the notes on the staff. Next I'll start learning where the notes are on the neck. This is all in preparation for when I get a bass. So this app has been very helpful.
Just what I was looking for
Perfect for my daily subway commute.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Catloaf Software LLC
- 117.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Catloaf Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 5-String Bass Guitar $0.99
- All Instruments $3.99
- 6-String Bass Guitar $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.