Polar Beat is the ultimate free sports and fitness tracker app from the pioneer of wearable sports technology. Running, cycling, gym, walking, dancing… Choose your favorite activity from 100+ sport profiles and start reaching your goals.
REVIEWS FOR POLAR BEAT
"Polar Beat is the best app for real-time heart rate monitoring." – CIO
PLAN, TRAIN, ANALYZE, SHARE. All in one place.
1. Make a personal training PLAN
» Choose your activity from 100+ sport profiles
» Choose a training target: distance, time or calories burned
2. TRAIN smart
» Track your distance, pace and route with GPS
» Get real-time voice guidance based on your goals
» Stay at the right intensity for the most effective workout*
3. ANALYZE and UNDERSTAND your training session
» Log all your training sessions, indoors or out, with sport profiles for a comprehensive training diary
» See what you achieved with each workout: improved endurance, increased strength or burned fat*
» See how many calories you burned*
» Understand the impact of your workout at different intensity levels*
» Re-live your routes on the map
» Analyze your training sessions and history
» Understand your overall fitness with Polar Flow, Polar's comprehensive and free web service for health and fitness
4. SHARE your achievements with your friends
» Share your training with friends, challenge them to beat your record or just spread the good vibes after an awesome workout.
- See your live heart rate with the Polar H10 or OH1 heart rate sensor*
- Track distance indoors with a Polar stride sensor (Polar stride sensor required)
- Connect to Apple Health
- Connect with Apple Watch
* Features available with the Polar H10 or OH1 heart rate sensor.
POLAR H10 HEART RATE SENSOR
Connect the Polar H10 heart rate sensor to Polar Beat and get accurate, live heart rate to your phone. With live heart rate, you can make sure you're training at the right intensity. By training smarter, not harder, you can reach your goals faster, stay healthy and avoid over and under training. Polar H10 even allows you to track your training session without your phone with you and transfer your heart rate data to Polar Beat after you finish.
POLAR OH1 HEART RATE SENSOR
Polar OH1 is an optical heart rate monitor armband that combines versatility, comfort and simplicity. It fits comfortably around your arm and tracks heart rate with Polar’s high-quality optical heart rate solution. With Polar OH1 and Polar Beat you get live heart rate data right on the screen of your phone.
With the Polar Beat premium features and Polar H10 or OH1 heart rate sensor you can unlock the next level of personal fitness: specific training targets, personalized feedback and fitness assessments.
[+] Polar Fitness Test – Measure your fitness level while you lie down and relax
[+] Polar Running Index – See how your running performance is developing
[+] Polar EnergyPointer – See the main effect of your workout in real time - whether you’re burning fat or improving fitness
[+] Polar Benefit Target – Set specific training targets - like boosting recovery or improving endurance and get guidance to achieve it
**Premium features are now available for free with any Polar Bluetooth Low Energy heart rate sensor.
DOWNLOAD Polar Beat now and turn your phone into a personal trainer.
CONNECT WITH US
Note: Continuous use of GPS can dramatically decrease your phone’s battery life.
◆ TWO SIMULTANEOUS BLUETOOTH CONNECTIONS TO POLAR H10
TWO are better than ONE! Have you been thinking of transmitting heart rate from your Polar H10 to both Polar Beat app and your Bluetooth-compatible gym equipment? From now on, it’s possible to establish two simultaneous Bluetooth connections to Polar H10.
Additionally, we’ve smashed a few bugs to improve your experience using the Beat app. Happy training! :)
Ratings and Reviews
Middle-aged fat woman
To be honest I’ve only used this app a handful of times, after a recent purchase of a Polar H10. I wanted an accurate heart rate tracker for walking. The reviews I could find online were all for the 7 model, but those were highly favorable for accuracy. Pairing the device to the app could be easier, I’ve been walking and discovered it wasn’t paired, my heart rate wasn’t being recorded. I have learned to make sure to pair it to the app and NOT to my iPhone X. Strange, but I can live with that. The first time I used it I selected walking for the workout. I started it prior to actually being ready to leave the house, putting on sneakers, running upstairs for a tissue, and the coach’s voice told me to slow down! The next time I forgot to select the walking routine. Unbeknownst to me at the default running workout, I was disappointed not to be advised to slow down, or to receive any encouragement at all, being a humid 90 degree day and my fat little legs pumping away. I’m learning! I think the app itself is great. I want to know that I’m getting the most out of my walks, health and fat wise. I can see where my heart rate is, if I need to work harder or can slow down a bit, track my route, time, elevation, pace and fat calories burned. This app has all the bells and whistles plus dozens of types routines from mountain climbing to wheelchair activities.
Pretty Good App
The app is easy to use. The display is well laid out. I especially like that the app keeps the iPhone awake which is great for treadmills and other indoor workouts, and you can lock the iPhone manually which is good when in a pocket while lifting weights or jogging outside. There are a lot of sport profiles to help organize your workouts. Inexplicably though while there are profiles for obscure activities like squash, floorball, and Finnish baseball (kudos on that), there are no specific profiles for very common gym activities like elliptical and stair climber. It would be nice to be able to name custom profiles. My old Polar/hr watch allowed you to set an upper/lower limit and you’d get alarms for going out of range. I’d like to see something similar in the app. Say I want to exercise in the 145 to 155 bpm range I’d like to be able to set that range and then the app voice coach would tell me to speed up or slow down (that could kick in after a warm up period getting up to range). That functionality would be especially useful when doing certain activities like boxing (heavy bag punching) where you are wearing gloves and the phone is not immediately nearby. Overall the app is good and provides use info and feedback to effectively train.
Hey, polish the rough edges!
1. Any simple BT headphones will link to my iPhone—minimal effort, just does. NOT w the initial connect w the H7. Required hard reboot of phone AFTER downloading Pilar app, and registering. THEN remove battery and reinsert on polar chest piece. THEN it will connect
2. This IS not detailed in the support on the website. I just played around w it until I figured it out. I DID blow about ten minutes on the website trying to troubleshoot however. Thanks for that... polar IT.
3. Call for support—“sorry, wait times are longer than you have set aside to waste in the phone service queue”. I hung up after about 8 minutes or so.
4. Polar bear—while running w the app track my you cannot pause it to quick change the voice prompt menu. It requires you end the workout to do so. Really there are other apps that I prefer to run in parallel to polar beat for my run/training data tracking and prompts BECAUSE the polar app is just not competitive w the other apps out there. Needs more data crunching ability and more flexibility—just more whistles and bells.
5. BUT...the H7 does what it supposed to do—track HR very well. That’s why I bought it and so I am not upset. MAYBE though—since apparently polar doesn’t want to put a live person I the phone for feedback—they will read this and consider polishing the product. It could be a very robust product—it just needs a little work on the rough edges.
- Polar Electro Oy
- 129.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Polar Electro Oy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.