By Fairlady Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This dancing Grandpa and his wacky tools are ready for fun and projects in the workshop! Grandpa needs help identifying tools, measuring, cutting wood, spotting differences, painting furniture, repairing broken items, and even building an awesome kids’ clubhouse! The game includes seven action-packed mini-games loaded with educational content (number groups, measuring, fractions, colors, observation, spatial relationships) and videos of real tools in action! Ages 3-7.
"Given the subject matter, the educational and replay value with LOTS of fun added in, I would HIGHLY recommend this app!" - APPreciation
“Grandpa has such positive attitude, always giving out praises whenever a task is completed correctly.” - Geeks with Juniors
"Delightful with seven mini-games… presented in a fun way that has your child playing along without realizing they are learning." - the iMums
SEVEN ACTION-PACKED MINI-GAMES!
1. Spot the Difference. One of those tricky tools is sillier than usual... can you spot the one that is different?
2. Board Fractions. Let's cut the board into halves, thirds, or quarters and count how many pieces we have!
3. Measuring. Zippy the tape measure is stretched out so that you can measure the board! How long is it?
4. Select the Tool. Grandpa needs a screwdriver to finish this project. Can you hand it to him?
5. Number Groups. We'll need 4 springs to finish up this project... which jar has 4 springs?
6. Puzzle Fix-Up. Oh no! Grandma's plate is broken! Let's piece it back together.
7. Paint the Project. Grandpa just built this stool... what color will you paint it?
- Number groups (quantities, numeral recognition): 1-12
- Colors: orange, purple, brown, red, green, yellow, blue, pink, black, gray
- Measuring: measure items in units 1-12
- Vocabulary: pliers, hammer, c-clamp, tape measure, broom, saw, screwdriver, wrench, level, oil can, dustpan, bucket, paint brush, bolt, nut, spring, tack, nail, screw, washer, ruler, jigsaw, safety glasses, chisel, gloves, trowel, drill, sawdust
- Fractions: halves, thirds, quarters
- Spacial relationships (puzzles)
- Observation skills (spot the difference)
Grandpa's Workshop was developed by an Educational Psychologist and parents. Tested by children.
More Grandma and Grandpa Games:
Grandma's Garden (a dancing Grandma and silly veggies teach preschool skills)
Grandma's Kitchen (fun and learning with Grandma and her wacky utensils)
Grandma Loves Bugs (adventure into the forest to learn about creepy-crawlies)
Fairlady Media is committed to developing high-quality family-friendly games that provide excellent entertainment value. Please contact us if you have suggestions for improvement or to get technical issues resolved: email@example.com.
If you choose to allow your children to use your iPhone or iPod Touch, we recommend that you keep your device in a protective cover and supervise your children at all times. :)
What's New in Version 1.7
Updated more page: Our newest app, Grandma Loves Bugs, is now live on the App Store! Enjoy! :)
One of the best preschool aps
I am currently homeschooling my twin toddlers and this application hits on age appropriate, challenging concepts for my sons in a fun way. They love the sounds and graphics and get a thrill out of high five-ing grandpa. I love that they are practicing math skills that reinforce what I'm teaching them at home. Also the makers have a support function. Within minutes they had responded to and resolved my issue I had.
Great app! My 3yr old son absolutely loves it! Much more "realistic" of a learning app. Then what some of the builder kids shows provide. Focus's more on actually showing videos of how tools are used and such. Very cool! Great app! Own all the grandma apps as well. You should consider making more grandpa ones, maybe one that focuses on cars and repairs or something... Keep up the great work ! :)
Well worth it.
I have a four year old at home that plays this constantly, but the selling point…. I have 20 First graders in front of me, right this second…. They had a choice between 8 different games. They are ALL playing Grandpa’s Workshop… by their own choice! And it’s been this way for 20 minutes!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 31, 2013
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 46.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fairlady Media, Inc.
- © 2012, Fairlady Media, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.