War of Eclipse
By Game Stew
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Another great game from Game Stew - by DarkDjango
- An excellent follow-up to the quirky Tower of Fortune - by Retr0spective
- Fantastically retro - by Stumpyjay
- Great minimalist pixel art. Sharp looking game - by ForestRayColson
- Gonna buy tower of fortune just because its from the same guys!!!! - by Droskie
- Hard as heck but wonderful! - by Admiral Snackbar
- Just as fun as Tower of Fortune! And just as addicting! - by Juliet M
- Original and fun - by 4ppleseed
- The gameplay is much deeper than what you see on the surface. Can't stop playing!! - by MilkcanRocks
- Very charming and elegant - by Ponder_Rosa
- War of Eclipse is great - by 148Apps, 4/5
- ... a near perfect balance between casual distraction and hardcore game - by AppsHappens
Appstore Customer Ratings
Average rating for all versions: 4.5/5
War of Eclipse is a retro style game that combines timing action, role playing, and adventure elements. You play as a captain who crashed in a battle but is saved by human survivors. As the fight against the aliens wages on you will unveil the truth about the war for the human world.
- One button gameplay that is easy to learn and play
- Retro style pixel graphics with detailed 8 bit art
- Challenge high scores in survival mode and see your ranking in the world
- Detailed tutorial and tips that are available at any time
- 7 air battleships to build and customize, including one ultimate battleship
- 7 endings to discover, see the story and experience the possibilities from different angle
- 35 enemy types to fight; they will shoot, charge, and ambush you, and also bomb your base
- Collect lost data that unveils the history behind the aliens and human world
- Random equipment includes: 20 kinds of parts combine with 50 kinds of abilities and 10 LV upgrade
- Different challenges during the battle, such as avoiding an ambush, battling in a lightning storm, and destroying the falling boss enemies before atmospheric friction burned you
- 20 achievements to conquer!
What's New in Version 1.0.11
- Minor bugs fixed
Formulaic, but still fun
After getting over the allure of the GameBoy-esque look and feel of this title, the game becomes somewhat predictable and repetitive. Essentially one battles darkness monsters to farm gold to buy upgrades to more easily combat monsters. It's incredibly easy to launch and opens fast, so it's perfect for a brief idle minute that needs something to fill with.
I didn't play it much when I first downloaded it, but not I'm pretty convinced it's worth my time. Good game on all accounts with one exception. It cost a lot more money than you'd think to buy new ships. And the ships are just so dope.
So yeah. Definitely worth getting into.
Mildly infuriating, but really fun!
I love the graphics and all the different aliens. The ships are cool and there's tons of upgrades. I just wish that there was an upgrade for the aiming bar. Sometimes the markers move so fast that it's impossible to be lucky enough to land in critical. Make it bigger, slower, something! I'm tired of losing all of my money once I finally save it up.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 25, 2015
- Version: 1.0.11
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: GUAN LING WU
- © 2012 Game Stew
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases