Concepts - Sketch, Design, Illustrate
By TopHatch, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The future of professional design is here: Concepts intelligently combines paper + pencil with powerful vector manipulation. Make quick sketches, beautiful illustrations, and precise drawings with ease and style.
You’ll love the infinite canvas and layers, flexible multi-touch shape guides, vector manipulation with advanced transforms, and the ability to export your sketches to powerful standardized formats like SVG, PSD, PDF and CAD (DXF). Concepts sets the standard for productivity in the mobile era.
Concepts saves you time and enhances your creative capability. Use simple gestures like a tap-and-hold to select anything, and configurable shortcuts for unlimited undo, making adjustments, and accessing layers or the iconic COPIC Color wheel.
Concepts is optimized for the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and works brilliantly on iPad and iPhone so your sketchbook is always with you.
With our unique approach to precision sketching, amazing Architects, Illustrators, Professional Designers and Makers like you have designed hospitals and boats, landscapes, illustrations and game art, outlined major film storyboards, even crafted award-winning quilts, greeting cards, furniture, robots and drones!
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack and other in-app purchases:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- ADVANCED TRANSFORMS. Distort, Perspective Warp and Skew. Concepts is the only app on iOS that provides the full desktop-class set, and does so with an incredibly simple interface.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
- PDF IMPORTS & EXPORTS. Maintain clarity, format, scale and style with standardized PDF docs, available as a separate in-app purchase.
- OBJECT LIBRARIES. For quick work, drag-and-drop pre-made or custom vector objects straight into your sketch. Vector object packs for architecture, landscaping, UI design, industrial design, auto design, fashion design, sketchnoting, visual thinking and more are available separately via the in-app store. Or, design your own and use them in-app or on iMessage.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your sketch work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker, Airbrush and Watercolor. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
Concepts is the pro-level design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Lasse Pekkala and Erica Christensen for the architecture and illustration cover sketches!
What's New in Version 4.5.1
A small update to sharpen your experience...
- Selecting with your Apple Pencil is now more reliable.
- Improved project-paging performance in the gallery.
- A few rendering fixes for our new vector watercolor brush.
- PDF selections can now toggle background transparency, which is helpful when importing logos/icons/text blocks from other apps into your drawings and object libraries.
- DXF export now produces higher quality curves. More improvements coming.
In case you missed the 4.5 update, there’s that previously-mentioned-yet-gorgeous (vector) watercolor brush, huge performance gains when drawing in general, an updated gallery, and exportable CPT drawings for sharing or backup.
If you like seeing updates every 4-6 weeks, and/or you’re excited to see what we’ve got cooking in the studio, please consider leaving a five-star review. They make us happy. :)
Questions/comments? Catch us on social media @ConceptsApp or email email@example.com.
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
Impressive feature set
I was impressed with the capabilities of this app. There was some lag previously but the 4.5 removed any to speak of and everything being vector is very impressive. The interface is among the best and easiest to hop from one tool to another and the use of radius menus for colors and tools is a huge bonus, there are many apps that could learn from this UI. The feature for the pro tool upgrade are not well defined and there is no way to adjust line width with pressure. Overall this is an impressive entrant for the pro market.
Always with me
I love Concepts👌
Great app - even for non-artists
Fantastic drawing app; does so much more than some of the others I've tried, and works perfectly on the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. Love the recent updates as well!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 24, 2017
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 131 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: TopHatch, Inc.
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack (All Devices)$7.99
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)$3.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$7.99
- Shape Library$1.99
- Make Your Own Objects$3.99
- 10 Object Pack Credits $14.99
- 3 Object Pack Credits$4.99
- 5 Object Pack Credits $7.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$5.99