By Matthew Finn
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Nerves of steel, a logical or intuitive mind and a dash of luck ought to steer you to victory at Calzo, a strategy Liar Dice game of bidding and bluffing.
Two or more players each start with the same number of dice. At the beginning of a round players roll their dice, keeping them hidden from their opponents. They then take it in turns to bid on the total number of particular faces showing across all the dice. When the bidding gets too high a player may call to end the round. The dice are revealed and the highest bid is checked to see if it was correct. If it is correct the caller loses a die. If it is wrong the bidder loses a die. A new round is started... The winner of the game is the last person with dice left.
Calzo has many options allowing the game to be played with different variations of rules and different numbers and types of dice. Play as a pass-and-play game with your human friends, pit your wits and cunning against the devious computer, or play online with your Game Center chums! Can you climb the Game Center leaderboards for longest winning streaks? And can you bag an achievement for playing a perfect game?
* Up to ten human and ten computer players (offline play).
* Up to four humans head-to-head (online play).
* Play with two-sided, four-sided, six-sided and ten-sided dice.
* Start with between one and six dice each (seven on iPad).
* Play with or without Calzo and Wild Ones rules.
* Hint function. What would the computer do in your shoes?
* Choose from funky green, red and blue baize backgrounds.
* Edit names of human and computer players.
* Leaderboards for showing off your winning streaks.
* Achievements for playing a perfect game.
* In game instructions and explanation of rules.
What's New in Version 1.1
* Multiplayer with voice chat with up to three Game Center friends.
* Sleek charcoal baize and black dice options.
* Improved computer players.
* New sounds and animations.
* Support for larger iPhone 5 screen.
This is a great game, but it needs to allow computer players along with Game Center opponent matching... Otherwise you can only play heads up against Game Center opponents due to the long wait times.
A great, good-looking version of Liar's Dice. Lots of options, and best of all, full Game Center support so you can play with friends anywhere.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 27, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Matthew Finn
- © Matthew Finn
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.