By Blake eLearning
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Eggy Alphabet is an educational application designed to help children learn the Alphabet.
When learning the alphabet, young children need to learn each letter’s name and its sound, the shape of the letter and how to create it correctly when writing. Research shows that knowing the alphabet, especially the sound and shape of each letter, is a strong indicator for reading success in school.
The Eggy Alphabet App builds alphabet knowledge and handwriting skills in a comprehensive, educationally sound app that makes learning the alphabet memorable, highly interactive and full of fun rewards.
Eggy Alphabet covers both upper and lower case letters for each of the 26 letters of the alphabet. For each letter there are three handwriting activities that stress the correct formation of each letter. Another 2 activities build phonemic awareness and letter sound skills. When learning to form each letter, children use a finger to trace and draw each letter.
Eggy Alphabet is brought to you by the makers of popular educational website Reading Eggs – a team of educators with more than 20 years’ experience in early childhood education, who believe learning to read should be fun, motivating, and full of success.
Eggy Alphabet includes the following features:
- All 26 letters of the alphabet.
- 4 activites to be completed for every letter.
- Upper and lower case versions of letters.
- A total of 208 activities to complete plus The Letter Game.
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States.
- 3 difficulty levels - Egg ratings to be earned for every level.
- 18 wonderful Egg Critters to unlock and hatch.
- 624 Golden Eggs to earn.
- Each child can have their own account.
- Progress is tracked for every account.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
iPhone and iPod touch compatibility enabled
Good learning tool
We've found this game useful to review sounds and to practise early writing. However, there are glitches that could do with being ironed out. More critters or no critters as rewards would be better. As it is, the first few critters are easy to obtain, getting the kids drawn into the whole reward system. Then it becomes much harder to obtain, encouraging long screen-time and now the kids don't want to bother because it's just too hard to gain them. Also the play for 2 consecutive days critter just doesn't work.
The repetition is great for learning. I do not agree with the narrator saying 'bad luck' if there is a mistake. It is quite annoying and does not give the child encouragement. They really should consider improving this.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 18, 2012
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 100 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- © Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Eggy Alphabet Upgrade$2.99