Instacast 5 - Podcast Client
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instacast is a revolutionary podcast client and offers the best podcast experience on the planet. It syncs seemlessly between iPhone, iPad and Mac.
What's new in 5.0?
* Redesigned media player
* Redesign lists
* Up Next playback queue: a dynamic playlist that allows you to queue episodes for sequential playback.
* Sharing functionality optimized for iOS 8
* Full-text search (optional In-App Purchase)
* Night-Mode automatically switches at sunset and sunrise (optional In-App Purchase)
* Full support of iPhone 6 and 6+
All the great features Instacast users are already familiar with:
* Detailed subscription management and customization
* Lists and Bookmarks
* An elegant and sophisticated audio and video player
* Offline playback of downloaded episodes
* Interact with episodes by reading show notes in an easy-to-read format, and share episodes via iOS 8 extensions
* Import your podcasts from iTunes or other podcast clients
* Seamless, instant synchronisation between other copies of Instacast on iOS and OS X via Instacast Cloud
* A universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on iOS 7 or higher required.
Localized in English, German
For more detailed information please see Instacast's product page on the Vemedio website: http://vemedio.com/instacast
What's New in Version 5.0.3
- Added Up Next editor (long tap Now Playing bar)
- Playing an episode from a subscription list will not empty Up Next anymore
- Added number of queued episodes to Now Playing bar
- Added 'Open in Safari' sharing extension
- Fixed bookmarks sort order
- Fixed fullscreen video player closing when starting queued video
- Fixed updating chapter artwork when playback paused
- Fixed showing 0 min episode duration
- Fixed interface problems with big status bars
- Fixed download button becoming disabled
- Fixed some crashes
If you like what we're doing with Instacast, please support us by giving it a 5 star rating!
Instacast 5 took away features
First of all, I paid for search and night mode even though I don't use either feature--I'm more than happy to support the developer. Having said that, after trying 5.0.3 I've downgraded myself to Instacast 4 again. Why? Because I can now only add a podcast to the front of the playlist, and I have to hit an icon to dimiss the playlist editor. There's no feature to add a podcast to the END of the playlist. Also, if I'm playing something from a playlist, and decided to play another podcast, that item from the playlist is removed from the list! This was not the behavior of Instacast 4, which simply remembered the location and kept the podcast on the playlist until I actually finish it. Sadly, Instacast 4 is still the best version.
Had liked it in the past
In October 2014 they launched a re-design with no positive consumer benefit and several fundamental negative ones.
You can no longer navigate to the UpNext list unless it’s playing. So when the app crashes or stops playing a podcast midway for some reason (happens at least weekly) I have to start playing a podcast (any podcast I can quickly find on the road…) to see my desired UpNext list. And then find and re-add which ever one stopped playing mid-way through. In the old design you could just navigate to “UpNext” and start it again. Have I mentioned how annoying this is if you are listening to podcasts while driving or running? Should be negative 5 stars just for that.
Since you can’t see the old UpNext list, you also can’t easily double check that all have all on list have been downloaded. If some have not been, then your UpNext list will stop playing when it comes to the un-downloaded shows. And it will be a circular loop to what I’ve described above.
Completely annoying since these basic features were dependable before and are not even available 4 months after their “new & improved” release.
My Favorite & Most Used App
LOVE the new night mode! It looks beautiful.
This is an OUTSTANDING podcast app that gets better and better with each new release. It's so much more powerful than Apple's own bug riddled podcast app. If you're a new user, note that there's a bit of a learning curve with Instacast due to its rich feature set. Take your time, read the help files, figure out where everything is, and you'll be richly rewarded!
I've been using Instacast on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro for over a year now, and am happy to support continued development and refinement by being an Instacast Senator member.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 11, 2014
- Version: 5.0.3
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: vemedio
- © 2014 Vemedio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Night Mode$0.99
- Senator Membership (1 Year)$14.99
- Basic Membership (6 Months)$9.99