Instacast 5 - Podcast Client
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instacast is a revolutionary podcast client and offers the best podcast experience on the planet. It syncs seemlessly between iPhone, iPad and Mac.
What's new in 5.0?
* Redesigned media player
* Redesign lists
* Up Next playback queue: a dynamic playlist that allows you to queue episodes for sequential playback.
* Sharing functionality optimized for iOS 8
* Full-text search (optional In-App Purchase)
* Night-Mode automatically switches at sunset and sunrise (optional In-App Purchase)
* Full support of iPhone 6 and 6+
All the great features Instacast users are already familiar with:
* Detailed subscription management and customization
* Lists and Bookmarks
* An elegant and sophisticated audio and video player
* Offline playback of downloaded episodes
* Interact with episodes by reading show notes in an easy-to-read format, and share episodes via iOS 8 extensions
* Import your podcasts from iTunes or other podcast clients
* Seamless, instant synchronisation between other copies of Instacast on iOS and OS X via Instacast Cloud
* A universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on iOS 7 or higher required.
Localized in English, German
For more detailed information please see Instacast's product page on the Vemedio website: http://vemedio.com/instacast
What's New in Version 5.1.1
5.1.1 fixes a possible crash at startup of version 5.1.
Also added Apple WATCH support:
+ Now Playing Glance
+ Grey progress bar means app is not running or audio is not loaded
+ White progress bar means app is running and audio is loaded
+ Play/Pause, Skip Backward, Skip Forward
+ 'Unplayed' episode list (can be reconfigured on the Phone)
+ Switch episodes from 'Unplayed' list
+ Force touch to get chapter list and skip chapters
+ Also force touch to get to Speed and Timer playback options
In a word, sluggish.
I am a longtime user of Instacast because it is reliable and very versatile. This Watch add on just doesn't cut it yet. It's way to slow to responding to touch commands. Sometimes I've had to tap the FWD REV PLAY PAUSE buttons 5 or more times before it would respond.
Just compare the play controls in this app to the NOW PLAYING Glance. The difference is like night and day.
General Apple Watch Tip: There should be a standard among all apps running on the Watch where the Watch display pulsates whenever the a Watch and phone are exchanging data and touch input is disabled or being ignored. If I knew something was going on between them I could be more patient. As it is without ANY indicator that a process is on going, I tend to keep tapping until the watch or app responds.
This is going to be a killer app once it becomes more responsive and loads and runs faster. Keep up the good work Instacast!
The app has a simple function, play an audio file. The developers need to fix a few things. One big issue is the app hangs when waiting for something to load. I have to wait for the load to finish to do anything. Second, the apple watch app is slow to load. The latest sdk fixes that, so let's update that portion. On the plus side, nice options that others don't have such as night mode, and delete after finish. I'll keep this app and see what future updates bring.
Rock solid (though it took getting used to)
Bookmarking feature is essential, design is elegant, very reliable so far. Mac app is also well thought out. Up Next List behavior is confusing, and it doesn't show up in the lists section. Once this is fixed, 5 stars (currently I give it 4.5).
- Category: News
- Updated: May 22, 2015
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: vemedio
- © 2015 Vemedio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Membership (1 Year)$14.99
- Membership (6 Months)$9.99