This mobile application aims to be a guide (GPS) to all hikers in Madeira Island, providing useful information about the levada trails.
With more than 50 trails with updated information and available offline, this is the app you need to unleash your explorer’s spirit and come discover the natural wonders of Madeira Island!
• More than 50 walks to explore
• Distance, difficulty, duration, description and photos for each trail made by local hikers
• Map with GPS trails: Offline, Satellite and Terrain
PLAN YOUR ADVENTURE:
• Plan your walks with custom lists: TO DO and DONE
• Afraid of getting lost? Use your smartphone as a GPS Tracker and follow the path to keep you on the right track.
• Get real time information about the walk location: weather and webcam
• Rate the walks and share your experience
• Find hidden waterfalls, amazing lagoons, viewpoints and much more
• Directions and navigation options to get to the trail by car or public transportation
• Filter trails by popularity, distance, difficulty, type of walk, location birdwatching, kid friendly and more
• Elevation graph, elevation gain, max and min altitude
• Read the reviews and rating of the walks made by the community of hikers
SAFETY FEATURES – SOS
• Sending SMS with your location (GPS coordinates)
• Direct calling to emergency numbers (112, Civil Protection or GNR)
• Buy once and get access to all the walks!
• No popup ads inside the app!
SUPPORT: We love hearing from users: email@example.com
LEGAL: Terms & Conditions: http://www.walkmeguide.com/en/eula
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Money well spent for any hike lover
Was skeptical due to lack of ratings but if you like to hike and are traveling to Madeira it’s worth 5 bucks. Let’s be honest, if you’re here then you’ve already spent a ton of money so 5 bucks won’t kill you lol.
Very helpful ap, has great info on all hikes. The difficulty level (hard, moderate, easy) is based on an average hiker is decent but not great shape. Good details, be sure to read the info before choosing your hikes. I like the filter feature as well.
Best $5 I’ve ever spent!
Really, this is a powerful tool that will make your time in Madeira much better if you’re hiking. Phone service is great on the island so the app always worked.
Thank you whomever developed this! Actually my knees don’t thank you but my heart does.
A good idea, but needs more work...
A levada walks app is a brilliant idea, but the developer needs to invest more time on this one. Currently it's useful for finding walks near you, sorting by length, and marking certain walks as "completed". It won't help you decide whether to take the left or the right fork, warn you that there's a tunnel at km 6, or help with logistics like local buses that you can catch at the beginning or end or your walk. So at the moment it's a diversion but not the substitute for a physical guidebook you may hope for.
- Marco Batista
- 161.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WalkMe Mobile Solutions, Lda
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.