By Boston Celtics
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official app of the Boston Celtics lets you follow the team wherever you go, directly from your smartphone.
Fans can use the app to purchase tickets and merchandise, upgrade their seats at TD Garden, add their mobile tickets to Apple Passbook, follow the action on game night with free, live streaming audio from WEEI’s radio broadcast, or get exclusive access to live video chats and events that they can’t get anywhere else.
Also, be sure to tune in for an exclusive live streaming video pregame show one hour before every Celtics home game!
- Breaking news, game night photo galleries, and profiles of your favorite Celtics players, coaches and legends.
- If you're a season ticket holder, you can now add your mobile tickets to Apple Passbook.
- Already at the game and want to sit closer? Upgrade your seats directly from the app!
- Live streaming game audio coverage from WEEI (available within 150-mile radius of Boston)
- “GameTime Live”, featuring real-time play-by-play, stats, blog and Twitter content.
- Live streaming video access to special events and content
- Exclusive video including postgame locker room coverage, the Celtics Minute and more
- Special “push notification” ticket offers for fans in the immediate radius of TD Garden on game night.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Bug Fixes and Improvements
Better than using the web interface on my iPhone, but there’s some bugs.
Clicking on the bubble next to an event to manage tickets yields varying results. Sometimes it says there’s no tickets associated with the event, and others it takes me to the event and my tickets.
For events where I sold my tickets via Celtics resale site, it shows the combined total sale price as the sell price for each ticket.
Most annoyingly, after clicking on an event within account manager, the brightness on the iPhone goes to its maximum and status that way if you click out the app, but goes to the minimum if you navigate back to the list of events. Decent, but buggy.
I really like it.
I've seen others complain about the audio stream, but I use the NBA app for audio and video streams so everything works just fine for me. This app provides plenty of content and I'll read anything about the Celtics tbh.
Does not show the score or update during games
This is a great idea, but in prentice it doesn't work. During the games, many times the score says 0 - 0 or reflects the score from the last game. The live stream audio doesn't work and repeatedly references a server problem. Would be great if functionality could be improved.