Colors for Hue
By Furiki Designs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
An elegant utility to control your Philips Hue wireless connected light bulbs on the Mac.
Colors for Hue sits on your menu bar, allowing you to individually control light bulb color, color temperature, and brightness. You can control lights in groups or turn all lights on and off with one click.
Sleep tight with delayed off timer. Colors can help slowly dim the light until you fall asleep.
* Intuitive, minimal user interface.
* Simple setup - just launch the app and press the button on Hue.
* Easily control color, color temperature, and brightness of each light bulb.
* One click to turn all lights on or off.
* Link all lights together.
* Delayed off sleep timer.
* Group your lights together for flexible controls.
Have ideas or feedback? We are always looking for better ways to make your home automation easier and smarter. So please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.2.6
adds refresh button - for when you use multiple apps to controls your lights
does not show color pickers for white-only lights
Does what it says
No problems so far with app. Works pretty much as advertised.
1. Poll controller so that sliders, etc reflect current state of the lights (not sure if this is possible, but since the hue app does exactly that, and refresh also does, don’t see why can’t just poll regularly, and do away with the refresh
2. Siri support! Since homekit is not on MacOS yet, add Siri integration so that we can use voice control on the mac.
This app is awesome & works exactly how you would want it to. If you use another device to controls your lights as well though, remember to hit “refresh” before you try to do anything with the app. A periodic auto-refresh would be nice, but it’s not really an inconvenience to have to click it yourself.
Does not work correctly with groups
1. it shows individual lights in the menu listing, not groups.
2. when you have lots of lights, you need to scroll in the menu and but then gets garbled (i’d provide a screen shot to the developer, but the support link does not work)
3. the grouping feature in the preferences does not appear to work
4. it does not appear to tackle many lights/rooms well.
5. it also does not appear to support multiple bridges.