Discover Wild Florida! The Florida Black Bear Scenic byway passes through the heart of the Ocala National forest, and features 6 world-class natural springs. This travel guide will show you the way to enjoy authentic Florida. One of Florida's oldest amusement parks is formed around Silver Springs, the world's largest first magnitude spring, and features glass-bottom boats for a better view. Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings gathered stories of local people along this byway, and the Yearling Trail is named for her Pulitzer-prize winning novel. Much of the history along the byway rivals the Wild West, but is less known.
Access maps even when the signal drops out (and on this byway, it will...welcome to nature.)
This guide helps you decide what kind of byway traveler you would like to be. Quickly find things to do, see, know, or what services are available on the map. If you have a signal and an iPhone, you can get step by step mapping instructions from where you are to any point on the map (new feature for Nomad apps.)
Information is also broken into chapters:
• Visitors Guide - basic info on visitor center, emergency help, tips, highlighted destinations
• What is your Travel Style? - Choose from 4 byway types to help you narrow your tour
• Trip Planning - directions from major airports/cities, lodging, restaurants, and tours
• Featured Waterways - World-class springs, and great boating and fishing on the lakes and rivers
• Black Bear Community - Learn about the 4 gateway cities to the byway, become a member, and see the area though a local's eyes in the "Ask a Black Bear" section
• Recreation - Activities along the byway; fishing, off-roading, camping, hiking, wildlife information
This application is packed with information, but you can easily save your favorite entries to help keep track of what you want to see. Links to web references and videos are sprinkled throughout, and there are many photos to give you a feel for the byway.
Spring 2013 content update
- Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- 94.6 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Content © Copyright 2012 Friends of the Florida Black Bear Scenic Byway, Application © Copyright 2010-2012 Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.