By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.10.0
• See where you’re going before you leave with a Street View thumbnail on the map (for address search or tap-and-hold on map)
• View the custom maps you created using Google My Maps
• Easily share your opinion about places you’ve been with an improved review-writing flow
• New Google Maps logo
• Added support for six new languages
• Bug fixes
Cached maps undependable
Cached maps work great when they do -- like hiking in the wilderness with clear skies and spotless GPS satellite access. But reinstalling the app did NOT solve my issue of my maps often instantly expiring or expiring before the 30 days are up.
UPDATED, Dec 2014: Cached maps completely disappear after any low battery power crash. Easy to repeat problem. Let battery drain to zero with auto shutdown, recharge and looked for saved cache maps not to be found.
UPDATED, July 2015: Now no longer simply an issue with battery dying. Offline maps completely disappear frequently and randomly. So unreliable if you are hiking or off-road. This problem is also consistent with my account being signed out, and having to go through sign in and the multiple pop-up help prompts. (iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2)
UPDATED, Sept 1, 2015: Seriously, Google, now you want to place a big logo on the map even in full screen?
Dislike signing in to access favorite places
I used to love using google maps and found it so convenient to easily access addresses saved as "home/work/etc". Now, I'm required to sign into my google account and fumble around in the menus to access this same information. As a result, Waze is now my most used map because my addresses are saved and easy to access. Please make it easy to access saved addresses without logging in.
Best Navigation By Far
Google Maps is by far the most accurate and intuitive navigation app on the market. Not sure I like the new logo (or font change, more like it) though it is their decision. Why change the look and feel of your logo when it was perfect to begin with?
Still 5-stars by all means
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 01, 2015
- Version: 4.10.0
- Size: 30.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.