By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7.0
• Send places you search for on Google Maps desktop to your mobile device (Notifications must be enabled)
• Add/edit business hours for places
• View your reviews and photos from “Your places” profile
• Bug fixes
Google Deserves More Credit
I have always used Google Maps for as long as I can remember. Millions of people use it every second on a daily basis. The education system uses it for geographical leaning purposes and companies use it to route logistics. I have watched Google flourish over the past decade. I am a Software Engineer and I truly adorn Google. They have the brightest minds (excluding myself 😊) working on the latest innovations. Their programming, design, functionality, fluid, and all of the above is to adorn. People take Google, Inc. for granted. The company has been a Huge influence in the whole technology industry, in innovation and especially security. When I read about a security flaw in TLS once again, Google is the first to find a solution and fix it while other companies lag for weeks. It amazes me, all of their services and how they interact so flawlessly. People complain about how they collect data, but if you live anywhere in the world that has an Internet connection, you are being tracked in everything you do through that Internet connection wether you use Google or not. Everyone, I hope you enjoy your Google Services as much as I do. Thanks Google, Inc. ,
- Clinton Lawson.
Great App! Needs Rotation Fix
This is your one and only superior app to Apple Maps (until iOS 9 comes out but we shall see). Not much to say except top of the line service for traffic updates and on the dot navigation arrival times! (unless I'm speeding 😄).
Bug with app: Using iPhone 6 +, if I jump from maps to another app say texting iMessage, during a drive and at a red light of course, my phone knows it is in horizontal mode. But as soon as I jump back to maps, t stays in vertical mode and I must U mount my phone, turn it sideways twice, and then it returns to landscape map mode with the device. This is serious as I need optimized functionality especially on the road! Answering a phone call and finishing returns phone to landscape mode so this is a bug involving the check device orientation mode which should be implemented for more often checks.
Love having Google Maps on the go!
I have long preferred google Maps over any other site for directions and am so glad I can use it on my phone now, too! I find its time estimations to arrival to be much more accurate than the built in map app that comes on the iPhone (that one overestimates). My only complaints are 1) that using it actively for driving directions really drains my phone battery and I have to have my phone plugged in to charge while using google maps and 2) it starts to use up a lot of space on my phone. I'm sure it has a lot to do with storing past searches, and I've found if I delete the app then reinstall it I gain a lot of space back.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 08, 2015
- Version: 4.7.0
- Size: 28.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.