By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.15.0
• Made a restaurant or flight reservation with your Gmail account? Try searching "my events" to quickly access those locations
• Flip through top photos of local businesses and easily add your own
• Bug fixes
Problem with bus route times after newest update
Ever since I got my first iPhone 2-3 years ago, I have chosen Google Maps over Apple Maps because it has continually been far more reliable than the latter, and it includes bus schedules.
I have never had a major problem with Google Maps until yesterday's update. I take the bus everyday and use Google Maps to tell me when my buses are going to show up and if they are going to be early, on time, or delayed. But after yesterday's update, when I opened the app this morning to check my bus time, it gave me at least a full 12 hour difference. I just checked the time for the bus for me to get home, and it told me that if I left at 5:06AM that I would get there by 5:22AM... It was just past 5PM when I checked this information.
Everything else seems to function fine in this new update, except for the bus schedules.
No option to avoid toll roads by default
I live near a few toll roads, and google maps always routes me over the toll roads. They are expensive and unnecessary. When you plot a new route, you can dig into the menus to turn off toll roads, and I usually do that, but once in a while I forget to, and Google sends me to the toll roads and costs me a bunch of money. I never want to use the toll roads, and would love an option to turn them off by default, rather than having to hunt through menus EVERY time I use the app. Very annoying, and a costly mistake when you forget. As Google has updated the app, it is now harder to turn off toll roads, requiring more menu navigation and button pressing
Similar ETA Fix - THANK YOU!!!
Thank you fixing the Similar ETA threshold! With last version, all routes within 4 minutes of each other said "Similar ETA" and now it appears to be lowered to 1 minute. The gray alternate routes that come up while navigating are meaningful once again! Love this app :). Future suggestions: Make the "reverse" button more accessible. And possibly add speed limits
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 08, 2016
- Version: 4.15.0
- Size: 47.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.