Google Maps - Real-time navigation, traffic, transit, and nearby places
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 4.21.1
• Bug fixes
"Check your network connection and try again."
I have reported this error more times that I can count, but it seems like they are falling on deaf ears since I've had this issue since April. I’ve also attempted reaching out to the “Google Maps Help Forum.” It was working just fine with the update on July 25th. But with the last update from August 8th, it went back to the same problem. It seems whatever was fixed got unfixed with the last update.
When I tap on one of my placemarker icons from my "My Maps" layers, I keep getting this error: "Check your network connection and try again." This error message is misleading because my network connection has never been an issue and I can use the rest of the Maps app and other apps just fine. Closing and re-opening the place layer doesn't work. Closing and re-opening the app doesn't work. The only thing that works is to delete the app and download it again or to clear application data. The problem is that this is a very persistent bug, so it only will only work fine temporarily until I get the same error messages again, and have to clear my cache again. Typically it will work okay for a few properties... by the time I got to a third or fourth property, it will happen again. This is very frustrating and makes the feature of the app practically unusable. I use Google MyMaps daily for my job since I’m out on the road and it’s critical for me to have this working.
I look like an idiot
I love Google Maps. It's been really convenient for me as it indicates which lane I should be in when I'm driving, but as a Lyft Driver, I've had some really horrible experience lately. I don't know if theres an update that I missed, but it's been horrible at navigating!
I'll be driving on the freeway and Google Maps will all of a sudden change and tell me to turn left on a street when I'm on the FREEWAY. What's up with that? I've had to constantly quit the app and start all over again. There's been times where it will say the destination, but the actual map will say something completely different. For example: my destination said SSF Bart Station, but it navigates me to someplace completely different. I don't know if it's an issue with my Google and Lyft app linked together or if it's the actual map itself.
Google Maps has also been giving me "no signal" services ALL THE TIME. My phone is only a couple of months old so it's definitely not my phone acting up. Service works just fine. It's the navigation that's been screwing me up.
What big fixes?
I'm really getting tired of these updates, as ever update now adds more annoyances. In this update they removed the X in the bottom left corner and moved it to a strip at the top of the screen that says Exit Navigation. Why do we need to waste a whole line of screen space to say that? I'd rather see more map. Another issue is the things that keep appearing in the way of my map. For example the sound options are now overlaid on the map. Please move this back into the "..." settings where it belongs. The annoying "route is clear" banner that keeps popping up, it's very distracting. If I want things popping up and covering my map then I would be using Waze but because I do not like that so I've always used Google maps but now this app just keeps getting worse. Another update later and now we have pop ups when I turn? Really? The arrow and street name on the top of the map and on the street lane is enough! I do not need a blue pop up flag pointing to the arrow where I need to turn! I'm sick of these things covering my map!!! I'm trying to drive and don't need all these distractions!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 08, 2016
- Version: 4.21.1
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.