By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.8.0
• Redesigned and improved Transit directions improve the experience in cities, giving you more route choice and real-time arrival information where available
• Additional app options for sharing a place (including Facebook and Facebook Messenger)
• Introduced an Image Gallery for a quick visual understanding of a place through a grid view
• Bug fixes
Didn't know what i was missing!!
I cannot believe how long I let apple maps make my life miserable. We're talking approximately six years!! Recently, while traveling with the hubs, I realized how much I am in love with my google maps app. The only thing that could possibly make it more perfect would be to have audible approximate speed limit notifications. I am constantly wondering what the speed limit is on these country roads and in unexpected tiny towns where 75mph reduces to 45mph or lower at times. I have been informing my husband each time we get in the car together that I really wish there was an app to tell me the speed limit for the past five years! hoping you can make my dream come true!!! I am still obsessed, however, and cannot wait to just get in the car and drive!! Thanks google maps...you're the best!!!! and oh so informative all in one place!! Highly recommended!
Great navigation App despite some bugs
Street view is outstanding, and the Nexus voice is soothing to the ears. I love google Maps but there are some things that I feel are holding the App back:
1. Bluetooth support is weird. If I launch google maps and it's the only thing that will be using Bluetooth Audio it sounds like crap. Like I think it pairs to my Bluetooth in "Phone Mode" so it sounds like a crappy quality old phone call. I'll have to stop nab, switch over to Music and play a song for it to switch to high quality Bluetooth audio before heading back to maps to start nav. After I do this the sound quality is top notch from Maps.
2. The screen dims on my iPhone 5 by itself when Maps is running and I can't change the brightness. The slider shows that it's all the way bright but that isn't the case. This has happened on multiple iPhone 5's and every iOS since iOS 6. Of course this is annoying when the sun is bright and my screen dims since I can no longer see.
Besides these two issues Google Maps has been my primary navigation app since the day it came out. I love it despite those issues above. Great job Google. Now you just need to tighten down the last few bugs and it'll be perfect.
Google Maps (Google) Has a Problem
First of all, I LIKE this app, but not love it. There are some Problems with Google Maps (with iPhone 4 at least)... First of all, (common problem) lags. The phone goes on with the lagging. Second, (my least favorite by the way) is touching the compass. On the old update, you touch the compass, and it change views (pointing towards the direction where it's going(1.), or not turning). On this update, it starts with not turning by a glitch, and it comes from straight to upwards, but does not change to 1.. Third, there is another annoying glitch that never stops. The glitch happens usually at a turn/curve. What happens is that it says that I'm going off road, and you know I never go off road at an interstate highway.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 07, 2015
- Version: 4.8.0
- Size: 28.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.