By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.15.0
• Made a restaurant or flight reservation with your Gmail account? Try searching "my events" to quickly access those locations
• Flip through top photos of local businesses and easily add your own
• Bug fixes
Make "Avoid Tolls" a configurable default setting
I am deducting another star from my rating from last time as punishment for Google ignoring repeated requests to make Avoid Tolls a permanent setting. Listen to the complaints, Google!
I am deducting one star from my rating from last time as punishment for Google ignoring repeated requests to make Avoid Tolls a permanent setting. Listen to the complaints, Google!
The only reason I don't use Apple Maps is that the have no Avoid Tolls option at all. The moment they add one, Google Maps will be gone from my phone.
The tips section now gives instructions for using the avoid tolls option. But, there is still no way to make this the default mode. Make the option a permanent setting.
I have no idea what the "popular times" option is, but seems like it was a waste of time to add it rather than addressing the "avoid tolls" option first.
Yet another update and still no ability to make "Avoid Toll Roads" the default mode. Listen to your users, Google.
Another update and still no ability to make "Avoid Toll Roads" the default mode. Listen to your users, Google.
I live near a major toll road. The first thing I always have to do after initial routing is switching on the "Avoid Tolls" option. Why wouldn't this be the default setting anyhow? Either allow the user to save the option as the default or make it the default and put "a shorter/faster route is available for a toll" as a suggested alternate route.
Problem with bus route times after newest update
Ever since I got my first iPhone 2-3 years ago, I have chosen Google Maps over Apple Maps because it has continually been far more reliable than the latter, and it includes bus schedules.
I have never had a major problem with Google Maps until yesterday's update. I take the bus everyday and use Google Maps to tell me when my buses are going to show up and if they are going to be early, on time, or delayed. But after yesterday's update, when I opened the app this morning to check my bus time, it gave me at least a full 12 hour difference. I just checked the time for the bus for me to get home, and it told me that if I left at 5:06AM that I would get there by 5:22AM... It was just past 5PM when I checked this information.
Everything else seems to function fine in this new update, except for the bus schedules.
No option to avoid toll roads by default
I live near a few toll roads, and google maps always routes me over the toll roads. They are expensive and unnecessary. When you plot a new route, you can dig into the menus to turn off toll roads, and I usually do that, but once in a while I forget to, and Google sends me to the toll roads and costs me a bunch of money. I never want to use the toll roads, and would love an option to turn them off by default, rather than having to hunt through menus EVERY time I use the app. Very annoying, and a costly mistake when you forget. As Google has updated the app, it is now harder to turn off toll roads, requiring more menu navigation and button pressing
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 08, 2016
- Version: 4.15.0
- Size: 47.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.