By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
• View a full-screen map by tapping an empty spot on the map
• See transit line colors on the map when you get transit directions
• Filter search results for Zagat-rated restaurants (where available)
• Type, or tap the mic and say, “directions to” a place for faster results
• Bug fixes
Google Maps is great as a search engine for places. It would be nice to be able to group my places into a group that I could name in order to view a certain list of places instead of having to look through them all. However, it has been giving me crazy directions lately. Apple Maps, although lacking many features, has been giving me much better directions. Waze does good, but can many times take me one way and bring me back another. I deleted Waze and will hold into Google Maps for now. But if you haven't heard, there is a new navigation app - HERE. It just came out and is getting great reviews. It does need a few upgrades, but so far it is working almost as good as the others.
Update: Nice update. I'll give it an extra star. But the directions are not the best and doesn't Google Maps have night mode?
Very accurate, it's great!
I think the 'title' of my review says it all. I've used a few different GPS direction devices but so far not ONE has been as accurate. None compare, not only in accuracy but also with ease of use. For instance, if you search for an address at Google and ask for directions, it will come up automatically on Google maps. No copying and re-entering addresses! You don't need to enter your starting point either as you do with some other GPS devices, it uses your current location as the starting point, wherever you may be.
I don't even use my GPS in my car anymore, Google surpasses them all.
Does not go back to landscape mode
Docked my iPhone 6 plus in the phone holder in my car's windshield in landscape mode, opened google maps, set directions and navigated to my destination, now the issue is that when i exit the app to open a different app lets say music and then go back to google maps, the darn app is on portrait mode and doesn't go back to landscape automatically! Irritatingly, while driving, when somebody calls and after the call has ended, the map is in portrait mode again and does not go back in landscape mode! I have to pull out to the side of the road and remove my iphone 6+ in the windshield, rotate it to portrait and back to landscape so the app would go back to landscape! Can't do that when you're driving on the freeway. Please fix in your next update google.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 18, 2015
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.