Cruise Control: Run
By Cruise Control
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get ready to rock your run! Part coach and part dance partner, Cruise Control produces magical running experiences. It adjusts your music in real-time to control your running and keep you on track to hit your target pace, heart rate, or cadence. We call it Cruise Control because it works a lot like cruise control in your car - you set your target, and the music will keep adjusting its rhythm, just like the car adjusts its throttle, to get you to your target and keep you there.
But Cruise Control is way more fun than pushing a button in your car! Imagine flying down the trail at exactly the speed you want, with every beat of every playlist song synchronized to your footfalls. It feels like your favorite band is right there with you, timing their kick drum to drive you faster and further. When we use it, we always get “Cruise Control Moments” - irrepressible smiles that stretch from ear to ear, outbursts of singing, and even some high-fiving of random dog walkers. Yeah, you can look a little goofy, but it sure feels great.
Under the hood of Cruise Control is some serious science. Researchers from the Locomotion Lab at Simon Fraser University used a combination of human experiments and control theory to develop algorithms that control your running speed and intensity in real-time. They filed patents, we licensed the technology, and together we built this App. * Patents Pending*
What Our Users Say:
• “Feels like I am running in a movie!”
• “It's like a DJ beat matching tracks.”
• “Keeps me right on target for my running goals. The song selection is amazing for assisting with pace.”
• “If you are a distance runner and you listen to music while running you absolutely must buy this app.”
• “This App is in a class by itself. I've run my whole life, lots of marathons and training programs and this has changed my running more than anything I've ever run across.”
• “I set my target pace to try and hit an 8 min mile during a 4 mile run. With Cruise Control my avg. pace was 8:04 per mile. CRAZY!!”
What the Critics Say:
NY TIMES – “…one of the best ways to affect the pace of your running…”
RUNNERS WORLD – “from years of serious research at a top biomechanics lab”
GLOBE & MAIL – “The app works”
GIZMODO – “Cruise Control is the perfect DJ for a jog”
OPRAH MAGAZINE – “This could change your life”
Cruise Control is no one-trick pony. It is a full-featured running app.
* Listen to your music. CC pulls good running songs from the music already on your phone into the app automatically. Need more tunes? Check www.cruisecontrolrun.com for run-tested playlists.
* Customize your favorite songs into epic playlists.
* Control your music on the run by switching songs or playlists or using the thumb-up and thumb-down feature to keep track of those great and not-so-great tunes.
* Accurately measure running pace and cadence using the iPhone’s built-in sensors.
* Pair with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitors and stride sensors for even more running data. Check out our favs at www.WahooFitness.com.
* View your pace, cadence, heart rate and route map as you run including current, average and maximum values.
* Review your running history. CC logs of all your runs - including mileage, distance, map, pace, cadence and heart rate – and organizes them by date in the history tab.
* Share your runs via Facebook or Twitter.
* Email your runs including all your data for uploading to your favorite training website (e.g. MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, etc.).
* Works seamlessly with the iPhones 4, 4S and 5. 3GS not supported.
* Music intelligence provided by The Echo Nest.
Have questions? We're here to help! (email@example.com). Now, go rock your run!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.1.7
Merry Christmas, Cruise Controllers!
Fixed some intermittent bugs in the music database which caused empty songs to be listed and the analyser not to save its results.
Works Great - Amazing Pace Adjustment
I created my own playlist then set the pace and in real time it adjusted the temple of the music without changing the pitch. It's like magic!
I read the other reviews and it's true the "Recommendations" list isn't great but it doesn't need to be because I made my own. One star seems absolutely absurd.
Wish it worked
I was so excited to hear about an app that would help me speed up some of my music library getting me more of a selection of songs at 140 bpm. Same issues as other reviewer. Only a small portion of my library selected and some didnt make sense. Also, is cadence the same as bpm? (I want to use this for the elliptical, not running). And I cant get to my playlists. Rather disappointing I'm sorry to say.
Really Does Not Work
Like another reviewer said; I wish it worked! But sadly it doesn't. Tried several modes. Songs played about right, other songs played really slow, other songs played way too fast. Simply doesn't work. Wish it did work. Should be a way to get money back after one or two days. Just don't give them any more. Believe the one star reviews this time.