Rivals at War
By Hothead Games Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RECRUIT an elite team of combat soldiers and shooters who are ready for duty anytime and anywhere. TRAIN your soldiers and upgrade your weapons for each mission. ATTACK the enemy and watch epic head-to-head battles unfold. CONQUER rival teams from around the world. Fight for VICTORY and become the elite of the elite!
* Battle across four different combat scenarios, each with its own 3D battlefield and military mission.
* Assemble your troop, choosing from 6 unique soldier types - Commander, Sniper, Saw Gunner, Breacher, Radioman and Medic.
* Power-up skill perks to enhance the Accuracy, Speed, Damage, Defense and Health abilities of your soldiers.
* Unlock new soldiers with better weapons, guns and skills to improve your team's combat assault rating.
* Customize your team with different camouflage uniforms, headgear, and team badges.
* Select powerful tactics cards to tip each battle in your favor.
* 45 achievements to complete that unlock more special rewards.
* Command your elite team to the top of the leaderboards for global domination.
It is your duty to protect the world from the threats of terrorism and chaos. Aim for glory and honor and prepare to become Rivals at War!
What's New in Version 1.2.3
* Bug fixes to support the latest iOS version
Very Good Game
Its epic, im not gonna lie. It is really good game once you become a strong player, however from the images i downloaded it thinking it was an fps like call of duty or battlefield. It is however very entraining to watch your squad play, even though it is animated and not you actually playing. The thing that makes me angry is that if I was actually playing as my squad, I would use way different techniques than what my team uses. Making it fps would make the player feel more into it because you dont only manage your squad which is great to choose your team, but you also get the chance to control them and use your own methods of fighting. Since I always end up screaming at the screen things like "go there you idiot" or "shoot!!".
So if you want to improve it you can have a system like you choose a player at the beginning of a match, and for the rest of the match you get to play as the character you chose, while the rest of your team is AI.
Great Game, Needs Improvements
The game is awesome, I'm not gonna lie. You can watch your squad battle others (fun to do up until the point you start screaming at your squad to go towards the objective), use tactics to improve your effectiveness, and there's a lot of cards to collect to improve you're squad.
HOWEVER, the main quarrel I have with this games is the matchmaking. They aren't really matching you as the name implies, they're just putting you up against a random person within a broad range of ratings. You will face people 20+ above you and 20+ below you. To win calculate wins and losses, they just go by a probability calculation. You can have a 95% chance of victory and still lose horribly. And if you're unfortunate enough like I was, you're going to get paired with an all-elite team while you only have a few bronze and silver soldiers.
To the makers of this app: PLEASE FIX THIS AND MAKE THE GAME MORE FAIR BY MATCHING PEOPLE TO YOURSELF MORE REASONABLY!
RAW is definitely my favorite set of games. It needs some minor bug improvements, also needs more or no energy bar, I am fighting, and I suddenly can't fight anymore. It suddenly asks you to spend 10 bucks (premium money) to refill, or you can wait for like an hour. It is a great game, as I said, but these are some if the different versions; Rivals at War: 2088, Rivals at War: Firefight. My favorite is firefight, so you can actually go in with your squad, and assist them, this also decreases the need for tactics.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 19, 2013
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 40.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Hothead Games
- © Hothead Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pocket of Bucks$1.99
- Ammo Box of Bucks$4.99
- Rucksack of Bucks$9.99
- Transport of Bucks$24.99
- Roll of Coins$0.99
- Bank of Coins$2.99
- Team Shield 2$2.99
- Team Shield 1$0.99
- Armory of Bucks$49.99
- Fortress of Bucks$99.99