Rivals at War
By Hothead Games Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RECRUIT an elite team of combat soldiers and shooters who are ready for duty anytime and anywhere. TRAIN your soldiers and upgrade your weapons for each mission. ATTACK the enemy and watch epic head-to-head battles unfold. CONQUER rival teams from around the world. Fight for VICTORY and become the elite of the elite!
* Battle across four different combat scenarios, each with its own 3D battlefield and military mission.
* Assemble your troop, choosing from 6 unique soldier types - Commander, Sniper, Saw Gunner, Breacher, Radioman and Medic.
* Power-up skill perks to enhance the Accuracy, Speed, Damage, Defense and Health abilities of your soldiers.
* Unlock new soldiers with better weapons, guns and skills to improve your team's combat assault rating.
* Customize your team with different camouflage uniforms, headgear, and team badges.
* Select powerful tactics cards to tip each battle in your favor.
* 45 achievements to complete that unlock more special rewards.
* Command your elite team to the top of the leaderboards for global domination.
It is your duty to protect the world from the threats of terrorism and chaos. Aim for glory and honor and prepare to become Rivals at War!
What's New in Version 1.2.3
* Bug fixes to support the latest iOS version
Great Game, Needs Improvements
The game is awesome, I'm not gonna lie. You can watch your squad battle others (fun to do up until the point you start screaming at your squad to go towards the objective), use tactics to improve your effectiveness, and there's a lot of cards to collect to improve you're squad.
HOWEVER, the main quarrel I have with this games is the matchmaking. They aren't really matching you as the name implies, they're just putting you up against a random person within a broad range of ratings. You will face people 20+ above you and 20+ below you. To win calculate wins and losses, they just go by a probability calculation. You can have a 95% chance of victory and still lose horribly. And if you're unfortunate enough like I was, you're going to get paired with an all-elite team while you only have a few bronze and silver soldiers.
To the makers of this app: PLEASE FIX THIS AND MAKE THE GAME MORE FAIR BY MATCHING PEOPLE TO YOURSELF MORE REASONABLY!
Very Entertaining, Highly Addictive!
This game is a lot of fun and can be really strategic. I was very impressed that my level 74 team could beat a level 98! It gives you a chance to be in the mix and be rewarded.
A couple things could be added like a capture percentage/time/points display under the soldiers profile, better chance for a snipers in a ESP(we're paying almost $5).
Skill & strategy don't affect win ratio. Its just a gamble.
The only way to have a high win ratio is to pay for the higher lvl troops early on. Otherwise your win ratio is nothing more than a gamble. They pair you up with a few teams 10 lvl's above you, then they give you a couple wins by pairing you up against a few teams lower than you. I can use all gold tactic cards or no tactic cards and I continually get almost the same win to loss ratio. Not fun when skill and strategy do not affect the outcome while in-game purchases make all the difference.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 19, 2013
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 40.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Hothead Games
- © Hothead Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pocket of Bucks$1.99
- Ammo Box of Bucks$4.99
- Rucksack of Bucks$9.99
- Transport of Bucks$24.99
- Roll of Coins$0.99
- Team Shield 2$2.99
- Bank of Coins$2.99
- Team Shield 1$0.99
- Armory of Bucks$49.99
- Fortress of Bucks$99.99