+ 'Parent’s Choice Award 2013’ Gold Award Winner
+ Featured in Apple Korea’s iPad Commercial ‘Alive’
NC iactionbook is back with its 2nd app of ‘Meet the Insects’ encyclopedia series!
"Featured as one of the best iPad apps of the week by the Guardian"
"I have learned a lot from listening and watching Insect Story, with very good, clear and concise narration. I was simply blown away by how much information has been delivered this way." - 148Apps
"This app is a jackpot for children who either love bugs or simply have the desire to learn more." - the iPhone Mom
"4.5/5.0!! High quality photos and videos, comprehension quizzes, journal encourages the student to study insects in the real world" - the iMum
"Perfect for all types of learners as it presents info in a variety of ways that will keep children engaged and excited to learn, something parents will certainly appreciate" - Editor's Choice by Best Apps for Kids
"This is sure to capture the imaginations of all budding entomologists!" - Apps Playground
+ “Meet the Insects” Series is recognized for its Wealth of Contents and Beautiful Graphics
Featured in the Washington Post’s KidsPost as “Best Apps for Kids”
Fun Educational Apps and Best Apps for Kid’s ”Editor’s Choice”
Featured as “New and Noteworthy” in 99 countries!
Featured in Korea App store as 'Editor's Choice'
Featured in Korea App Store as “Best of 2012”
No #1 in Korea Education iPad App Store
+ Tips to become an insect expert:
1. Take a listen to all the audio-narrated insect descriptions and video commentaries!
2. While switching back and forth from day and night mode, touch and tap all the insects near the village to watch them wiggle.
3. Cicadas? Files? Ladybugs? Grasshoppers? Choose your favorite insects and meet them through close-up videos and mind-blowing photos.
4. How do grasshoppers and cicadas produce sounds? Watch and interact with the animation as it takes you into the world of insects.
5. Why do flies keep rubbing their legs? Get ready to dive into a handful of interesting facts of each insect with eye-catching illustrations.
6. If you think you are done with the encyclopedia, it’s time for the OX and Photo quiz!
7. Once you find an insect around your house to start the observation journal, you are now the real insect expert!
+ Meet other insects through different encyclopedia series
- Followed by the first Forest Edition, Meet the Insects: Village Edition, the second app of our planned insect encyclopedia series, primarily focuses on insects that live around the village.
- We will soon be coming back with variety of different insects…so keep checking back with us for more exciting upcoming titles!
All the information in Meet the Insects: Village Edition is provided by National Science Museum of Korea.
We here at NC iactionbook consider your right to privacy to be of great importance.
Our app includes:
- No third party advertisements
- No in-app purchases
- No social networks
- No data collection tools
Find out more: http://www.iactionbook.com
Changed the company logo(CI)
Ratings and Reviews
Great Science App!
The app Meet the Insects: Village Edition is an amazing app with a wealth of knowledge to help children learn all about the different insects they can see when they are outside. It is a great in conjunction with Meet The Insects first app. This is a great app to use when teaching science such as life cycles and about all insects. I think this is a fun way to engage children in science. I know a lot of children are afraid of bugs for an example, so it would help with children get over their fear of insects with the ability to write a journal about what they think about when they see a bug.
I love that the children can write their own journal entries, including a picture of the bugs they see and write about what they have learned. I think the app gives children important knowledge of bugs and can be used to meet Common Core Learning standards in Science and English. I think this would be good for children between the ages of 6 and 14 years old and I think it has the potential to make a wonderful teaching tool within the classroom.
High Quality Elementary School Aged Kid Science App
The app is way to big! Too many MBs! Yes, the photos are great, somehow the developers need to manage this better.
This is a very polished app, serving a neglected audience of Elementary School aged children. The mix of high quality images and real scientific information presented artistically, clearly and accurately is much appreciated. This engages students to want to know more about the insects, and there are many ways they can explore further within the app. The layout is successful in presenting many different layers of accessing information.
Some translation is off - some phrases are just not quite right. The back or home button is still in Korean when on a detailed photo page, even on US English version. The voice is VERY professional. A little too stiff. . . sounds like an old filmstrip narration from the 1970s (or earlier). Although there are a few dozen insects represented, some very common North American insects are not . . . such as the Monarch Butterfly.
I was very impressed by the first edition, Forest edition, so I had to purchase this edition as well....In a nicely designed backyard setting, we can explore all these familiar insects that we can find around our homes. Personally i'm not a big fan of insets, but I am surprised to say that I had fun reading all these interesting facts, and also some of the ecological videos were very eye-catching. I've shown it to my cousins, and they loved it as well. It's educational and entertaining!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.