Contractor Estimating and Invoicing Tool by Joist
By Joist Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create professional estimates on the jobsite – fast – and WIN MORE JOBS!
Joist is a FREE tool for contractors that allows you to estimate, invoice, record, payments, and manage projects from anywhere.
► CONTRACTORS LOVE JOIST BECAUSE:
• SAVES TIME - Complete work at the jobsite or in the truck, rather than spending your evenings and weekends catching up on paperwork after a long day
• WIN MORE JOBS - Send your client an estimate before you leave. Be the first to get an estimate in their hands, and give them the opportunity to say YES on the spot.
• REMOVE THE BOTTLENECK OF ESTIMATING & INVOICING - Build estimates and invoices quicker by creating and selecting from your list of commonly used materials and labor rates.
• EASILY MANAGE CLIENTS - Create, organize, and store valuable client info, so you can access their info anytime, on the go.
• LOOK PROFESSIONAL - Show your clients that you’re the contractor they should trust for the job; with customized, professional looking estimates and invoices.
- Customize your estimates & invoices with your company info, logo, etc.
- Attach a client contract and collect a signature directly on the spot
- Build a list of commonly used items/services/materials
- Attach photos to your estimates and invoices
- Preview estimates & invoices before you send
- Print or email estimates & invoices on the spot
- Create a personal message for your clients
- Convert estimates into invoices
- Keep track of customer payments and how much you're owed
- Manage and save your clients information
- Set your tax rates
- Export everything into your accounting program (reduce bookkeeping costs)
*Access all your info from any device or the web - Joist is a cloud application
► WHO USES JOIST:
All types of contractors, estimators, and service companies use the app, such as: general contractors, handymen, electricians, plumbers, builders, landscapers, roofers, painters, carpenters, heating and air conditioning, flooring, siding, tile, concrete, paving, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, renovators, deck builders, drywallers, pest control, and more!
► WHAT OTHER CONTRACTORS ARE SAYING:
“Now I can do quotes on the fly I don't have to walk through the job and write everything down its all programmed in to my iPad right from material cost to cost per square foot! This app is so awesome.”
“This app is better than any pc software I have ever wasted money on. And the kicker is joist is free"
Joist is FREE to Download and FREE to use - available on iPhone, iPad, & the web.
Get support FAST! Our support staff are based in North America. They are responsive (answer the phone / emails immediately), and care about helping you run the best business possible:
In-app live chat
Customer Support is available 8AM-10PM EST M-F
What's New in Version 2.5.8
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
More updates and great new features coming soon! Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback!
I use Joist daily for my contracting business. It represents me in a very professional manner to my customers. Only the following few things to add or improve for a 5 star rating:
1). Add the ability to list line items under multiple group or subject headings.
2). It would be very helpful and less confusing to my customers if items did not automatically total at the bottom of estimates. Often on a single estimate I'll give my customer multiple pricing options, If these optional items are totaled at the bottom the customer can become confused. Need to be able to toggle that off or select only items I would like to total.
3). Another feature I'd love to see is the ability to input a job title at the top and have the estimate and invoice sorted by this name. I have clients with multiple properties so this would be a very valuable feature!
Don't get me wrong, this app works as designed and I've never had an issue with the functionality the developers have included. That being said, it seems as though Joist was designed more for estimating and invoicing goods or products rather than services. Again, with the previously mentioned tweaks it could be perfect!
Developers of Joist - Thank you for creating this app and continuing to improve it!
It's really nice that it's free, I would of paid $20 for this app without hesitation. I was using old estimating software on my windows computer for years and it was out of date. Now I bought a Mac, iPhone and iPad and this free apps works seamlessly with all 3. I literally just made a estimate on my phone at the job site, went to my truck opened my iPad and it was already on the app. I printed out the estimate in my truck, (wireless printer using my phones hotspot as wifi) gave it to the homeowner, he agreed, wrote me a check, I had him sign the estimate on my iPad and I emailed it right over it him. He appreciated how professional it was and getting it done right in the spot instead of waiting a few days. This is the best free app for contractors. If you want to pay $20, use construction cost estimator.
By far the best thing for my business
I own a small house cleaning business and downloading Joist was by far one of the best decisions I've made. I tried multiple invoice apps and none of them came close to Joist in terms of functionality, usability, and professionalism. It takes literally seconds to create a professional and complete looking invoice for my clients.
Both the iPhone app and website are excellent. I've had customers asking me what program I use because they were so impressed by my ability to create and email them a great looking invoice before I even leave their home.
I'd be extremely disappointed if Joist discontinued support of this app. Do yourself a favor and download it, you won't regret it!