Samurai Sudoku puzzle contains five overlapping sudoku grids. The basic sudoku rules apply to each 9 x 9 grid.
Basic Rule: Fill numbers in the board such that every row, column and region contains one occurrence of each number.
**** Samurai Sudoku features ****
- 5 difficulty levels
- Various types of Sudokus, including Gattai (3 overlapping sudoku grids), Butterfly (4 overlapping sudoku grids), etc.
- "Hint" auto fills the board with memo that has no direct conflicts with other numbers
- Highlight same numbers as you select a number on board
- Autosave the process of unfinished levels
- Record best completion time for each level
- Game Center Achievements
- Try to complete as many levels as possible
If you have encountered any problem, please send an email to email@example.com
- New Puzzle Types: Twodoku
Ratings and Reviews
Everyone should check out these games if they enjoy puzzle games! 👍🏼
Stanley Lam's games are some of the very best I have found on the AppStore! I left my review on his Samurai Sudoku game because I really like that type of Sudoku but ALL of them are awesome and well done! He has a mix of different kinds of games, Sudoku included, to play. He lets you try them all for free and then just a small fee unlocks the whole game if you like it. I have almost all of his games. I am so glad I found his games on the AppStore!
Nice variation on Sudoku
Once I found the auto fill for notes and the double tap to convert a single remaining note to an entry, it got a lot easier to focus on the strategy. The anti-diagonal version is a really nice twist.
Update 2 years later...
The sheer variety of board types that have been added since I first discovered this app is lovely. It gives the brain a different mental challenge to figure out the nuances of a new game shape or rules in addition to the usual Sudoku puzzle.
This is the only Sudoku app that tempts me back from my preferred Killer Sudoku.
I like the game, but my wife and I found 3 solutions to the first beginner parquet game. I did not know that sudoku games could have more than one solution. However, the game only recognizes one solution, not any of the other solutions.
- Stanley Lam
- 23.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Stanley Lam
- In-App Purchases
- Samurai Sudoku $3.99
- Jigsaw Samurai Pack $2.99
- Anti Diagonal Samurai Pack $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.