By Wesley Dyson
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Academy Coins is the most enjoyable and effective way for kids to learn about coins on the iPad!
With 10 levels for kids to play, there’s something for every skill level. Start by learning what each coin means and work up to counting change and beginner math. The more you play, the more levels you unlock!
Academy Coins uses beautiful retina-ready coin renderings so the coins feel like they’re right beneath your finger tips. We designed this app to feel as real as possible, removing the clutter and distractions, so that kids stay engaged.
We also designed this app for kids with special needs. That means actions are natural and fluid with heavy usage of gestures to mimic the real world use of physical coins. Kids with special needs love to actually move the coins on screen to answer questions as well as the sounds and animations.
Parents and teachers can even track their child’s progress - right from with the app.
What you'll learn
- Identify the name, value, and image to each coin
- Add multiple coins together
- How to make change
- Placing the correct dollar or cent symbol with a number
- How to add written monetary values
- Beginner to advanced levels
- Progress Tracker
- Parental Controls
- US, Australian, Canadian coin support as well as the Euro and Pound!
Education Pricing is Available.
Please note that Academy Coins only includes US, Australian, and Canadian, British, and Euro currencies at this time. We are interested in adding other currencies in future. Please contact us through the app to let us know which currency you would like to see in a future update.
What's New in Version 1.4
- New Today Widget for quickly viewing your child's Progress Report
- Support for iOS 8 with better performance.
- Much improved Dollars or Cents? Level
-Multiple bug fixes