Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny
By Butterscotch Shenanigans, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
••• Towelfight 2 is temporarily FREE while we work on getting our next title out to the app store. Get it while it's HOT! No ads, no IAP. Just free. •••
-- Featured in Apps Gone Free from AppAdvice --
Settle a dispute between gods by shooting animals out of your face!
An action-adventure game of epic proportions, Towelfight 2 will beard-slap you with copious bloodplosions, procedurally-generated levels, insane boss fights, 14 powerups, and 43 unique weapons enhanced by 86 augmentations. Dispatch myriad foes with a cornucopia of laser-blasting bees, speed-boosting unicorns, spiraling praying mantises, whales in heat, and ultra-defensive turtles, among others.
Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny follows Hardik, a suave, beard-clad Indian man with a pet pug named Bella who gets swept into a battle between gods in a dangerous and uncharted land. His only means of defense is his enchanted monocle, which fires animal projectiles in wild combinations to dispatch his foes. As the story unfolds Hardik will find unexpected friends, overcome immense challenges, and become a hero to an entire world.
• Unique Shot Rotation system -- Build and customize a rotating clip of ‘Jectiles to burn, poison, freeze, electrocute, pinch, and explode your enemies.
• 43 unique weapons with 86 augmentations
• 14 insane power-ups – Choose three different power-ups and equip them simultaneously, including the Zombie Whistle, Blo-Gun, Ice Belt, and Blazing Shoes!
• 10 personality-laden bosses – So personable you will shed a single, manly tear after defeating each one of them.
• Procedurally generated world – Thousands of rooms with plenty of things to kill. There is no end to the madness.
• A "Bagician" named Tim who empowers you with a suite of sweet spells!
• 5 Unique Environments -- Including the cute, lovable Forest and the squishy, disturbing Nightmare.
• 4 Monocles with different firing modes - Want to shoot two ‘Jectiles at a time, or do you prefer a “spray and pray” approach? No matter, we’ve got the monocle for you!
• 4-8 hour campaign -- Plus dozens more hours of exploration and enough power grabbing to last a lifetime.
• Featuring gods, a grub, and a pug – A story you can tell your grandbabbies!
• Dungeons for the truly courageous -- The most powerful items in the game can only be found in the depths of Forn’s dungeons. You must earn them, and you will die trying.
• The Arena of the Gods -- Wager coins to face increasingly more challenging armies. The more you wager, the bigger the payoff!
What's New in Version 1.1.8
• Morg's Arena is now hooked up to Game Center!
• Several bug fixes and crash fixes.
• A few rough spots have been optimized. There should be slight performance improvements on lower end devices.
One of the best games in the app store
Don't know how much this game is worth, but it is definitely worth five stars even if it costs upwards of 3$. No IAP and a great amount of content alone is extremely worth it. However, it also has a decent story and great gameplay. I have played it for 10+ hours and I'm about two thirds done with it. There are side mission "dungeons", that don't take too long, aren't ever required, and actually contribute content like projectiles and augmentations. The retro graphics are pretty good. All in all it is not lacking in any department, though its best attributes are the amount of content, no IAP (one of the only games out there where the devs haven't gotten greedy and ruined a perfectly awesome game), decent story(you're not just mindlessly completing mission to achieve three stars in every level---type of thing), and lastly to is semi original(basic concept enhanced enough to where its a completely different gameplay experience).
I couldn't think of any legitimate cons, but its repetitiveness would be one, if the majority of games weren't as repetitive as they are.
Stop reading these reviews and get it already, I'm sure it's better than the other game you're thinking of getting.
I have been playing games on iPhones and iPads since 2009, and have never felt compelled to write a review until now. This game is better than any other mobile game I have ever had the pleasure of playing, and that is saying something because I have hundreds of games in my mobile collection.
Towelfight2 has a surprising level of depth and content. The arena mode alone that you unlock while exploring is worth the price, and that is a small fraction of what this game has to offer. While roguelike, it is also a bit more forgiving, meaning if you die you don't have to start completely over unless you want too. Every play through is different thanks to procedurally generated levels, and I simply cannot wait for the next game they are releasing.
Simply put... The App Store needs more games like this, and any true gamer should buy and try this game immediately.
Didn't expect the amazingly interesting gameplay or humor, but was very pleasantly surprised. Not usually into action type or shooting type games, but this reminds me of Zelda on NES. Great job, and I hope you get more coverage for this hidden gem.
Only issue so far, I can't figure out how to use the tshirt power up, even though it has needed amount of souls?
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 18, 2013
- Version: 1.1.8
- Size: 28.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Butterscotch Shenanigans, LLC
- © 2013 Butterscotch Shenanigans, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.