Tempo, the premier metronome app for iOS is now available as this free Lite version. Tempo was featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Now you can enjoy Tempo's core features before upgrading to its full suite of features.
Tempo Lite's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
As a special treat, we've included the Tracker Module which helps in your practices by tracking the number of bars or time played.
As opposed to purchasing Tempo, upgrading Tempo Lite nets you a dark colour scheme for the flipside views (instead of light).
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 8 different time signatures: 1-4/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
Tracker and Automator Module
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars.
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Choose from 4 sound sets: Digital, Analog, Blip and Wooden
• Volume control and Mute button
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background with audio from other apps
• Two interface themes: Light and Dark
Ratings and Reviews
I realize there is a paid upgrade available, but it’s really annoying that I cannot open the app without going through their ads for their own upgrade. I’m a pro musician so I use my metronome app frequently but there are several with the features I need and I’m approaching the frustration level where I may make a switch. If they were less aggressive about the upgrade, I would look into it on my own time and consider it, but when it greets me multiple times throughout my practice day and gets in the way of my work it comes off the wrong way.
I play the flute, and I am always having trouble keeping the tempo of the music, especially playing new music. But while using this app, I have no more problems. This app also is very easy to use and self explanatory from the beginning. It’s also free! I would definitely recommend this.
Flexible and easy to use
I've used it for a couple years on both iPhone and iPad. It is stable and has an intuitive interface. Easy to program unusual meters, and easy to program set lists. Highly recommended!
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 29 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Frozen Ape 2009-2017
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $2.99
- Premium Theme Pack $0.99
- Theme Editor $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.