Halftone 2 - Comic Book Creator
By Juicy Bits
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Easily turn your photos into comic book pages and videos with Halftone 2.
**Named One of the Best Apps of 2013 by Apple**
**Featured by Apple as an App Store Editors' Choice**
**Featured by Apple as a showcase app on the new iPhone 6 in Apple Retail Stores**
**Featured by Starbucks as a Pick of the Week**
Halftone 2 makes it easy to create comic and scrap books with your images. Choose a page layout, apply photo filters, position captions, add speech and thought balloons, place some WHAMs, BAMs, and POWs, mix in a few sound effects, and share your creation as an image, multi-page document, or high-definition video. There’s no faster or more fun way to share your stories.
With so many features, there’s almost no limit to your creative options:
Captions and Balloons
• Over 30 unique caption and balloon styles (speech bubbles, thought balloons, banners, scrolls, and more)
• A powerful 3D perspective feature lets you tilt your captions and balloons
• Includes six professional comic-themed fonts (plus everything on your device)
• Optional drop shadows add depth with configurable color, opacity, blur, and location
• Custom fonts can be added by opening a TrueType (TTF) or OpenType (OTF) font in Halftone 2
• Control over font color, size, line spacing, and alignment
• Ability to add multiple colored outlines to text
• Over 80 professionally-designed graphical shapes like WHAM, BAM, and POW
• Optional “Action Pack” in-app purchase adds over 50 more stamps designed by comic design company, Blambot
• A custom stamp feature allows you to add your own images (with support for alpha channels)
• A powerful 3D perspective feature lets you tilt your stamps to make them more dynamic
• Photos can be imported directly from your photo library, Facebook, and Flickr
• Full control of the scale and rotation of each photo
• A configurable Juicy Bits “Toon” filter turns your photos into comic-styled artwork
• Comprehensive photo editing tools from Aviary that include automatic enhancements, filter effects, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, redeye, whiten, blemish, and selective focus
• Choose from over 30 multi-photo page layouts
• Each page can have its own background color, gradient, or paper texture (over 30 included textures)
• An optional page blending mode simulates the way ink interacts with paper
• Video is exported at up to 720p high-definition and can be saved to the camera roll for later use or sent directly to Facebook, Dropbox, or other compatible apps (like iMovie)
• 50 licensed sound effects are included that can be assigned to each photo panel
• A “Sound Pack” in-app purchase adds 50 sound effects, including growls, crashes, instruments, vehicles, background ambience, and more
• Each panel has a customizable transition that controls the incoming speed and movement of the virtual camera
• An optional soundtrack can be added by choosing a song from your music library
• A unique “auto stretch” feature automatically shortens or lengthens the video to match the length of your soundtrack
• A document library lets you create, save, copy, and work with multiple projects
• Full support for undo and redo
• Captions, balloons, and stamps can be placed inside a photo panel to clip them at the panel’s edges
• A built-in guide introduces all of the basic concepts
• Includes a link to an expanding list of helpful tutorial videos
Output and Sharing
• Output formats include image (JPG), PDF, CBZ, and video (MP4)
• Output can be shared via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Dropbox, Weibo, instant message (MMS), saved to the photo album, copied to the clipboard, sent to another app, and printed to AirPrint-enabled printers
• An experimental 3D anaglyph feature lets you put on red/cyan 3D glasses and view your output in three dimensions (yes, really)
• Optional halftone image processing with configurable dot size, opacity, and gain to give photos an authentic comic-styled look
What's New in Version 1.4.5
+ Added support for iPod touch (5th generation) - HUGE request
+ Added Square Pack in-app purchase with over 40 new square page layouts - thanks to everyone who sent us this suggestion
If you have a moment, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate Halftone 2 or drop us an e-mail to let us know what you think of the app. Thanks!
I wish it were a little easier to use. Sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 tries to get everything looking like I want. Makes a nice short "video". At the end of the video is their "Made in HalfTone" plug. I wish I could pay a little to not have that show. Or how about letting the user customize that ending screen? It could say, "Made by (User's Name) with HalfTone". Maybe even let the user put their picture or avatar on it. Just a little more personalization and credit for the user instead of a blob like it is now. I think it is a big letdown for the receiver of the message to have that at the end. I mean Hallmark doesn't put their name in big letters underneath where one signs a card. My 2¢! I like the app. I would use it a lot more often without that bummer ending.
There are a couple things that need to be edited/added. First, custom sound effects. Being able to record your voice saying what your character says. Saving the entire comic as individual pictures at one time. More stamps or better editing for custom, one example is being able to cut around an emoji off the internet. Lower the in app purchases to maybe .99 ¢.
More people will buy them if it's lower. Hope you take this entire thing seriously.
I've used this app daily for months now. Import and export are excellent. Export in HQ almost 4k is amazing for an app. This took a couple days to get the full idea of how to work everything... But worth it for the amount of options and details. I've been making web comics for a long time and this has eased the process from hours to minutes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 29, 2015
- Version: 1.4.5
- Size: 60.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Juicy Bits
- © 2014 Juicy Bits
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Action Pack$1.99
- Landscape Pack$1.99
- Square Pack$1.99
- Sound Pack$1.99