Halftone 2 - Comic Book Creator
By Juicy Bits
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your photos into comic book pages and videos with Halftone 2, an App Store Best of 2013 winner and Editors’ Choice.
Halftone 2 makes it easy to create comic and scrap books with your images. Choose a page layout, apply photo filters, position captions, add speech and thought balloons, place some WHAMs, BAMs, and POWs, mix in a few sound effects, and share your creation as an image, multi-page document, or high-definition video. There’s no faster or more fun way to share your stories.
With so many features, there’s almost no limit to your creative options:
Captions and Balloons
• Over 30 unique caption and balloon styles (speech bubbles, thought balloons, banners, scrolls, and more)
• A powerful 3D perspective feature lets you tilt your captions and balloons
• Includes six professional comic-themed fonts (plus everything on your device)
• Optional drop shadows add depth with configurable color, opacity, blur, and location
• Custom fonts can be added by opening a TrueType (TTF) or OpenType (OTF) font in Halftone 2
• Control over font color, size, line spacing, and alignment
• Ability to add multiple colored outlines to text
• Over 80 professionally-designed graphical shapes like WHAM, BAM, and POW
• Optional “Action Pack” in-app purchase adds over 50 more stamps designed by comic design company, Blambot
• A custom stamp feature allows you to add your own images (with support for alpha channels)
• A powerful 3D perspective feature lets you tilt your stamps to make them more dynamic
• Photos can be imported directly from your photo library, Facebook, and Flickr
• Full control of the scale and rotation of each photo
• A configurable Juicy Bits “Toon” filter turns your photos into comic-styled artwork
• Comprehensive photo editing tools from Aviary that include automatic enhancements, filter effects, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, redeye, whiten, blemish, and selective focus
• Choose from over 30 multi-photo page layouts
• Each page can have its own background color, gradient, or paper texture (over 30 included textures)
• An optional page blending mode simulates the way ink interacts with paper
• Video is exported at up to 720p high-definition and can be saved to the camera roll for later use or sent directly to Facebook, Dropbox, or other compatible apps (like iMovie)
• 50 licensed sound effects are included that can be assigned to each photo panel
• A “Sound Pack” in-app purchase adds 50 sound effects, including growls, crashes, instruments, vehicles, background ambience, and more
• Each panel has a customizable transition that controls the incoming speed and movement of the virtual camera
• An optional soundtrack can be added by choosing a song from your music library
• A unique “auto stretch” feature automatically shortens or lengthens the video to match the length of your soundtrack
• A document library lets you create, save, copy, and work with multiple projects
• Full support for undo and redo
• Captions, balloons, and stamps can be placed inside a photo panel to clip them at the panel’s edges
• A built-in guide introduces all of the basic concepts
• Includes a link to an expanding list of helpful tutorial videos
Output and Sharing
• Output formats include image (JPG), PDF, CBZ, and video (MP4)
• Output can be shared via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Dropbox, Weibo, instant message (MMS), saved to the photo album, copied to the clipboard, sent to another app, and printed to AirPrint-enabled printers
• All page elements are rendered as vectors for the highest quality output
• An experimental 3D anaglyph feature lets you put on red/cyan 3D glasses and view your output in three dimensions (yes, really)
• Optional halftone image processing with configurable dot size, opacity, and gain to give photos an authentic comic-styled look
What's New in Version 1.4.2
+ Fixed bug that prevented access to all photos (thank you for the reports)
+ Fixed bug that prevented text editing from working properly on iPad (thank you for the reports)
+ Added camera support when loading images into a panel (huge user request)
+ Added missing 3x Retina HD assets for the iPhone 6 Plus
+ Upgraded Aviary photo editor with iOS 8 support
+ Performance improvements and bug fixes
If you have a moment, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate Halftone 2 or drop us an e-mail to let us know what you think of the app. Thanks!
PLEASE HEAR ME!!!
This Freezes all the time!!
I can hardly even use it, the only reason why I use this app is because it's the only one on the App Store.
I think it would be cool though if you actually TRUELY took a lot of time into this app.
I paid $6.99 for this app when it first came out and you still want me to pay more to unlock other features!!!!!! So $ 6.99 is not enough to unlock all the features.
No video support only photo
Wanted to add videos and pictures...
The description says it add it video support but there is no way to put videos on ? What's up with that!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 19, 2014
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 60.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Juicy Bits
- © 2014 Juicy Bits
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Action Pack$1.99
- Landscape Pack$1.99
- Sound Pack$1.99