Lync 2013 for iPad
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lync 2013 for iPad extends the power of Lync and Skype for Business to your iPad – including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
• View shared meeting content during a conference
• Initiate a group conversation (IM or Video) and invite additional participants
• Join, rejoin and initiate a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas
• Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants’ modalities
• Transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact
• Pick up your conversations from the point where you left off
• Join a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting even if you don’t have an account
• Enhanced Security with Lync certificate and passive authentication
Anyone can use the Lync Mobile app when invited to a Lync 2013 / Skype for Business meeting. However, you must have a Lync / Skype for Business account in order to enjoy the full capabilities of the app. Also, some functionality might require an update to your server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER, SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER, OR OFFICE 365 / SKYPE FOR BUSINESS ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
What's New in Version 5.7.517
Promising, but very crashy
This app crashes all the time for no apparent reason. It'll just be sitting there doing nothing and it'll just crash. It recognizes it and sends a report, but it's not getting any better with updates. I find myself trying to be very gentle with it and not to ask it to do complicated stuff, but it doesn't really help. It's just very unstable.
I'm also hopeful that the VOIP support will become better over time. It constantly tells me that I have a poor connection when I'm "dialed into" a meeting over VOIP and the outgoing audio tends to be inconsistent.
All in all, this app has a lot of promise, but I feel nervous relying on it because it just doesn't deliver. I use my iPad almost exclusively in a business environment when attending meetings and the lack of stability in Lync is a big downside to that working model.
I want to love this app....
This app would be great if it didn't constantly lose my conversations. If you leave the app and get a notification of a new message, the app loses the message when you click on the notification. Sort of defeats the purpose of a notification huh.
The worst app ever
Cannot sign in
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 24, 2015
- Version: 5.7.517
- Size: 28.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.