Lync 2013 for iPad
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lync 2013 for iPad extends the power of Lync and Skype for Business to your iPad – including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
• View shared meeting content during a conference
• Initiate a group conversation (IM or Video) and invite additional participants
• Join, rejoin and initiate a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas
• Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants’ modalities
• Transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact
• Pick up your conversations from the point where you left off
• Join a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting even if you don’t have an account
• Enhanced Security with Lync certificate and passive authentication
Anyone can use the Lync Mobile app when invited to a Lync 2013 / Skype for Business meeting. However, you must have a Lync / Skype for Business account in order to enjoy the full capabilities of the app. Also, some functionality might require an update to your server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER, SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER, OR OFFICE 365 / SKYPE FOR BUSINESS ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
What's New in Version 5.7.563
Zero consistency with desktop instance
The 2013 iPhone and iPad versions have many flaws but the worst of them is that the app will say that you have a missed chat if you attended the discussion in the desktop instance before logging into the mobile or tablet version. To make matters worse, the app will time stamp the missed chat as the second you logged in, so it appears that the person just attempted to contact you (which they didn't). When it does correctly identify a missed chat, only the first line of that chat appears when you see it on the list of missed chats, and then it's completely invisible when you try to reply, at which point the first line disappears from the missed chats list as well. I can only assume they did not bother with UAT when they released this version.
This will get you by in a pinch. If you are fully mobile, if apparently doesn't do Bluetooth audio, at least not on my iPad 2. It would be vastly improved with that one change!
We are all tied into 365 at work. Its great for Skype for business. Hasn't crashed on me at all. Running on iPad 3 mini. For 365 user need to follow instructions. 5 stars
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 5.7.563
- Size: 29.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.