Lync 2013 for iPhone
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lync 2013 for iPhone extends the power of Lync and Skype for Business to your iPhone – including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
Key Features :
• View shared meeting content during a conference
• Initiate a group conversation (IM or Video) and invite additional participants
• Join, rejoin and initiate a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas
• Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants’ modalities
• Transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact
• Pick up your conversations from the point where you left off
• Join a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting even if you don’t have an account
• Enhanced Security with Lync certificate and passive authentication
Anyone can use the Lync Mobile app when invited to a Lync 2013 / Skype for Business meeting. However, you must have a Lync / Skype for Business account in order to enjoy the full capabilities of the app. Some functionality might require an update to your server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER, SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER, OR OFFICE 365 / SKYPE FOR BUSINESS ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
What's New in Version 5.7.563
Complete Garbage - Unusable Productivity Destroyer
It is criminal that my organization forces us to use Lync / Skype for Business, and even more egregious that this is the sorry excuse for a mobile app. Things just don't work with Lync for iOS. People send messages to me and they disappear. The speakerphone button just stopped working randomly one day. I can never view meetings through the Meetings tab, even when I am connected through our VPN. The mute button randomly decides to stop working, and the UI is buggy, confusing, and poorly organized. Microsoft needs to can this app and start over from the beginning. If they are serious about Lync as a chat platform, then they need to make an experience that is actually designed to work properly on mobile platforms. We are desperately wanting to switch away from this horrible garbage at work but companies for some reason think the benefits of using Lync outweigh the horrific trouble they put their users through every day. Everyone hates Lync and it is an almost daily subject of jokes and ridicule. If you have a choice, do NOT use this app or this platform.
This thing eats messages. Notifications show up and mysteriously disappear just as quickly. When you open up the app, there is no trace of the message anywhere. Furthermore, the messages don't show up on any computers that were signed into Lync as well because of this. Also, when messages do come through properly, there is no traceback of the conversation on other devices. Skype does this and Lync is supposedly Skype for Business. Hangouts does this. iMessage does this. Let's be honest, every modern messaging platform does this. This app is completely useless yet I have to leave installed on my phone because I am a field employee and my company uses it as their de facto messaging platform.
So much potential but currently not a good messaging app at all! Was really hoping for it to be more intuitive. It constantly says it couldn't reach the person to send the message but it does appear the message arrives. It's a very confusing app. Was hoping it would be more like the Facebook messenger app and it's not! Being able to go from PC to mobile would make sense on something that is designed for Business but it doesn't do that either!!! The app is constantly crashing. Come on Microsoft, really? This the best you can do? There are some serious bugs, when is the next fix? So many messages not being sent now yet you say this is a business tool?
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 29, 2015
- Version: 5.7.563
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.