By WONDERFUL LASERS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPOSSIBLE ROAD is a pure, minimal arcade game about risk, reward, and rollercoasters.
"9/10" - Edge Online
Game of the Week - PocketGamer
Guide THE VESSEL down the roller coaster-like track at speed, scoring for each gate you make it through. Navigate hair-pin bends, jumps, banked curves and adverse camber in the quest for the perfect line.
And when you learn how to cheat the game, and you discover that it is rewarded not punished, the leaderboards will belong to you.
- Universal app, for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch.
- Original minimal techno soundtrack.
- Retina Display support.
- Support for iOS controllers and some other arcade control peripherals.
- Game Center leaderboards.
- Challenge your friends to beat your score (iOS 6.0 and Game Center required).
- Requires iOS 5.1 or above.
Touch the left side of the screen to turn left, touch the right side of the screen to turn right.
Touch your score to show the Quick Restart button.
Design, coding, art and audio - Kevin Ng @pixelsontoast
Play testing and feedback - the wonderful people of @GameDevEd:
Andy Durdin @adurdin
Trevor Fountain @doches
Aaron Dron @tinyblob
Jonathan Brodsky @jonbro
Paul Scott Canavan @abigbat
Gillian Patterson NAE TWITTER
Andy Watson @andywatson00
Peter Van Der Watt @tenebrious
Ian Usher @FatConan
Ben Newbon @bennewbon
Gavin Jones @aotumedia
Kayleigh Boyd @Silverlynxcat
What's New in Version 1.2.8
- Added App Video Preview
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus support
- Supports the new full screen resolutions
- Added new sizes for icons
- Added new sizes for screenshots
- iOS 8 support
Love it, except there needs to be more to offer
This game is great, awesome idea, easy controls, purely addictive, and just plain fun. The only thing reason that I gave it four stars is because the game doesn't really have a lot to do.
The only thing to do is fun, but it gets boring and it would be so much more fun if there were different features. One that I would really like would be a free fall mode, where you can just fall and you don't have to worry about the game ending or that you're going to die. Another option you could include in this game could be something like a place where you can upgrade your ball so it can fall longer, stick to the road better, etc.
This is an overall great game it would just be nice if there were more features so there is more to do. Also, if your wondering whether not to get this game, you definitely should, it's an awesome, addicting game that is totally worth the extra dollar
This is the first review I have ever written on anything on the App Store and it had to be to correct so stupid people. Well whatever.
Basically, I just bought this game like 10 minutes ago. Before, like you, I was looking through the reviews and someone was saying how this game is soo hard and that it's extremely difficult to get past 10 points. Let me tell you, if you can't get past 10 points you are a huge scrublord. All you have to do is know where to get back on the track before you fall too far(which is how you lose). In the 10 minutes I played my high score is 38 so it's definitely not impossible, just takes a couple seconds to get used to. Otherwise a great game and a great buy
Unique Idea, Exemplified Implementation, Lacks Variety
Lets get the negative things out of the way:
- The only thing keeping me attached to the game is the jump score. If that wasn't there, i wouldn't be playing the game passed my first 10 tries.
- The game could benefit from a graphics upgrade: I enjoy the flat minimalist art style, but it has some issues - such as a lack of SSAO or OSAO, making it hard to differentiate between depth and also between the ball and the background.
- the game never offered more content than it has so I'm perfectly content with that lack of content.
The positive things:
- this game is unique. Someone was clearly inspired directly or indirectly by other free running games or infinite running games, and they created something new and different.
- the game is $2. There are no ads, no in-apps, no cosmetics. Just an idea and an implementation.
- the style is simple and unobtrusive, but could use some improvement (like the ssao/osao mentioned above).
- the idea is *easily* extendable to other avenues. Financially speaking, you could make a ton of money off of this kind of game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 15, 2014
- Version: 1.2.8
- Size: 29.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WONDERFUL LASERS Inc.
- © 2013-2014 Kevin Ng
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.