Asphalt 8: Airborne
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*****LEAVE GRAVITY IN THE DUST*****
"The iOS platform has quietly become a haven for great racers, and Asphalt 8 looks to be leading the pack right now" -- Touch Arcade 5/5
"A brilliantly put together arcade racing package" -- Pocket Gamer 9/10 (Gold Award)
The best iOS arcade racing game series reaches a new turning point! Perform dynamic, high-speed aerial stunts in an intense driving experience powered by a brand-new physics engine!
LUXURY DREAM CARS
• 47 high-performance cars (80% NEW!)
• Top licensed manufacturers and models like the Lamborghini Veneno, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FXX and Pagani Zonda R
• Newly recorded high-fidelity motor sounds for realistic audio immersion.
• Hit the ramps and take the race upward
• Perform barrel rolls and wild 360º jumps
• Maneuver through the air while pulling off stunts
NEW EXOTIC LOCATIONS
• 9 different settings, such as Venice, French Guiana, Iceland, the Nevada Desert & other exciting locations!
• All tracks available in original and mirror variations in Career mode
• Discover plenty of hidden shortcuts
NEW FEATURES FOR SPEED FREAKS
• 8 seasons & 180 events in the Career mode
• Stunning visuals thanks to next-gen shaders, real-time geometry reflection & other amazing effects
• Check out the new Infected and Drift Gate modes
• A detailed damage system
SIMULTANEOUS MULTIPLAYER & GHOST CHALLENGES
• Simultaneous multiplayer action for up to 8 opponents (not available for iPod touch 4th generation and iPhone 4)
• Dare friends to asynchronous races
• Compare scores on the new leaderboards with friends and drivers around the world
• Share your racing achievements and prove that you’re the ultimate speed machine
MUSIC TO REV YOUR SOUL
• A heart-thumping mix of amazing licensed music
• Featuring tracks from Bloc Party, Mutemath & The Crystal Method!
Visit our official site at http://www.gameloft.com
Follow us on Twitter at http://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on http://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
Discover our blog at http://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Winter got you cold? Well, things are heating up with the new addition of the red-hot LaFerrari and other glamorous new sports cars, plus new Daily Bonuses and Win Streak rewards.
-New cars coming! Drive Ferrari’s signature model, the LaFerrari, along with the 2014 Pagani Huayra, the unique 2014 Lykan HyperSport, and various other dream cars. Keep an eye out because they could appear at any moment, and you won’t want to be the last to find out!
-Daily Bonus! If you play on a daily basis, we want to thank you and reward your loyalty. Each day you play Asphalt 8, you’ll get a special bonus. For every consecutive day you play, that bonus will only get bigger until you reach the ultimate prize!
-Multiplayer Win Streaks! Time to take dominating your rivals to a whole new level with the addition of Win Streaks. Earn bigger rewards for every consecutive race you win.
Good game, but... (Read on)
Great game guys! It's a real joy to play, I feel though that there should be either more customization to the cars, or just more cars/colors in general... I believe that adding decals, or maybe even just cars like: Gumpert Apollo, Dodge Viper, Any pickup trucks... It would be cool to drive a Dodge Ram SRT-10 (truck) or even a hummer... I also believe that the animations in the levels should be directly related to the racer... Possibly driving over something triggers a rockslide behind you? For example, the Iceland level has avalanches, and it would be cool if you could control the chaos... Imagine if you could press a button and derail a train onto your opponents! That would be cool ( starting to sound like the game Split Second) Jaguar XJ220? Ferrari 599? There are plenty of cars to choose from, possibly even some classics? Maybe even a cop mode? The music selection is good. The stunts in the game are really fun also, I noticed that trying to perform a flat spin and a barrel roll at the same time is tough in this game, so fixing that would be nice. More car options: ford GT, lamborghini estoque, ( thank you for putting the URUS in, I've been looking for a game that has it), pagani Huayra, lamborghini murcielago SV, ascari a10, aston Martin one-77, dodge challenger, and even the New Acura NSX? Anyways, great game, probably one of the best racing games I've played on my handheld device. :)
Here is my review
-Optimization: 7/10 (noticeable lag on iPhone 5)
-Music: 10/10 (I can't even explain how incredibly amazing the music is! It adds to the whole entire feel of the game)
Control: 7/10 (turning corners takes a decent amount of effort and camera moves a noticeable amount when turning)
I would completely recommend this game to anyone really. It blows all other racing games out of the water.
The new Olympic tournament is the most unfair mode in any game ever made in the history of the universe! It... Is... IMPOSSSIBLE! There is no way to even get above 6 place without throwing all your money at this game. It is completely unfair since the opponents have the best cars in the game and your stuck with your good for nothing car that took 10 hours to get that doesn't do anything. The pay to play nature of this game frustrates me IMMENSELY since this game has LOAAADDSSSS of potential but completely blows it. If this game just had an upfront cost with no in game purchases and it sped up the progression, it has the potential, and yes I am about to say this, to be the best game on the App Store ever.
A lot of Grinding - but good entertainment
Game has a lot of strengths: graphics, responsiveness, so many cars, lots of tracks. I’ve certainly played it a lot.
The drawbacks are that if you don’t want to dump a ton of money, you’ll be grinding away, day after day for hours at a time, to advance ever so slowly.
You must often save up huge gobs of cash to buy new cars, just because the car is required to clear one specific challenge. You get the car, try to play the challenge, and lose repeatedly, until you’ve dumped a lot more cash into upgrading the car several times, until you can just barely beat the challenge.
You can pay real money to get a pack of cars, but those also will be out-classed in every race unless you upgrade them some.
There’s also something funky about the way crashes are registered in the multiplayer mode. If I crash into someone hard, it isn’t registered as a crash. If someone crashes into me, it is considered a crash. It doesn’t feel fair.
I would like to see more tracks. Given how much grinding is involved, sen with so many tracks, they are starting to get repetative.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 08, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 922 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Gameloft
- ©2013 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft, the Gameloft logo and Asphalt are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries. All manufacturers, cars, names, brands and associated imagery featured in the Asphalt 8: Airborne mobile game are trademarks and/or copyrighted materials of their respective owners.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rookie Credit Pack$1.99
- SUPER DOUBLE CREDITS$0.99
- Driver Credit Pack$4.99
- PRO CAR PACK$2.99
- STREET CAR PACK$0.99
- Pilot Credit Pack$9.99
- Extra Pilot Credit Pack$5.99
- STANDARD CAR PACK$4.99
- Pro Credit Pack$19.99
- Super Driver Credit Pack$3.99