Duke Nukem 2
By Interceptor Entertainment ApS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOW 50% OFF - iOS 7 SUPPORT!
THE KING IS BACK!
DUKE NUKEM 2 - 20th ANNIVERSARY EDITION FOR iOS!
TOUCH ARCADE: ".. Time to kick ** and chew bubble gum!"
Duke Nukem II is everything you'd want from an action game. Duke blasts his way through your screen with enough firepower to wake your neighbors.
In 1993 Apogee released Duke Nukem II. Its explosive action made it an instant side-scrolling classic.
20 years later, Interceptor Entertainment and 3DRealms have teamed up to bring Duke Nukem II back.
Duke Nukem II for iOS lets you experience this 90′s classic all over again on the most popular gaming platform in the world!
- Smooth Side Scrolling Action
- Insane VGA Graphics
- 256 Eye Popping Colors
- Kick A** Weapons
- Amazing Interactive Environments
- 32 Action Packed Levels
- Full Touch Screen Support
- Brutal New Artwork and Music
- Save/Load, Replay and Track Your Highscores
What's New in Version 1.1
* Added "Cinema Mode" which hides the Frame
* Added option to add a seperate Jump button
* Fixed Mute Bug
* Fixed Game Unable to Start on some iOS 5 devices
* Added iCade and iCade 8bitty Support
* Added Option to Mute Music and Sound in the Pause Menu
* Save Instruction Warning added before game Starts
* Added speed increase to iPad devices
Great game, controls need work.
Needs more control buttons. Seemed cool at first, but got frustrating. Two major problems:
1. When I try to move, jump, and aim at the same time it doesn't. I've been killed by spiders I couldn't shake off. Been killed by dive bombing birds I couldn't hit because the control for "up" is flipping right or left. Frustrating. I have wasted most of weapon upgrades because it shoots when I'm hitting jump.
2. If there's a way to do the running long jump I can't figure it. On keyboard I think it was hold "run", then press Right arrow, hold jump, then up to catch a bar in quick succession. I've lost track of how many times I've cursed as Duke falls, requiring much tedious repetition. (This is required to reach secret areas.)
I love this game, but is really unplayable. I await updates. Despite my complaints, I'm still glad I bought this game. There is so much about it that could be great. I WANT to give it 5 stars!
Would be great with icade and 8-bitty controls....
I think this game would play awesome with this features but sadly the 8-bitty is not working correctly. I may not be doing something right, but I can't make it to even move it just prompt me to exit the game...please fix. I really want to play it with 8-bitty.
You have connect 8-bitty, open app to new game or saved game, soft quit the app and start it again. The 8-bitty works after that.
He's Back! (& Save Works !!)
A true classic that, every bit, deserves to be ported to the latest systems. Colorful, well animated, loud, and full of attitude, excepting DN 3D, it's Duke at his finest and a great example of 4th generation action/platform gameplay. But, because this is an emulation, be sure to follow the warnings: after you in-game save, exit game through the app interface multiple times as needed until you are at the app (not game) title screen to truly save.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 24, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 45.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Interceptor Entertainment ApS
- © 2013 Interceptor Entertainment
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.