This game is designed to treat a specific auditory ability related to learning or reading problems.
Your local audiologist or speech-language specialist can assess whether this game is right for your child or for an adult with a brain injury. If you think that your child has listening, language or learning problems that might be related to auditory processing, visit your local audiologist or speech-language pathologist and recommend acoustic pioneer to get your child's auditory processing abilities tested.
If your specialist has already supplied you with a code, install this game and enter the code once you run the game.
For the professional:
This game is an auditory training exercise that is designed to incrementally improve the player's ability to hear and distinguish a range of different tonal patterns, follow changes of sounds between ears, and follow changes of pitch. These skills are indicated by several studies to be important for developing general language understanding, phonemic awareness, supra-segmental language understanding, and reading skills. These auditory skills are thought to occur in the area of the cortical hemispheres of the brain prior to the neural information reaching the language centers. It is thought that most of these skills occur in the right hemisphere on most individuals prior to being transferred through the corpus collosum to the left hemisphere where most individuals hold the language processing areas.
- Added speech levels alongside existing levels to double the total number of levels
- Rearranged the order of levels so that pitch patterns are tested before interaural
- Level progression is now a lot more dynamic so if a child is not progressing they may be dropped back to an easier level
- Level progress and session time indicators have been added
- Plane speed indicator has been added including an indicator of top speed achieved
- Data is now being sent to the server much more frequently so incomplete sessions will still have data recorded
- Added prompt if they start responding too early, that presentation is then discarded
Ratings and Reviews
This app cannot be accessed unless a professional has prescribed it for you. It is a therapeutic program for specific underdeveloped auditory processes. It is very effective!
Don't do it!
This is NOT a free app! You have to go to support site to sign up, then you have to pay for anything you want to do with the app. I think you'll make more money on this by being HONEST and charging a REASONABLE price so more people would be willing to pay for it. I personally choose not to deal with companies that use deceptive advertising.
- Acoustic Pioneer, Ltd.
- 52.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Acoustic Pioneer Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.