This app contains a variety of fun games for children to play (ages 5 and up) and we measure their listening abilities while they play!
This app has a quick screening option for parents and teachers, and a comprehensive testing option for appropriate professionals only.
This version has been localised for US English. Please see other versions for other countries/accents.
For Teachers and Parents:
If you think that your child has listening, language or learning problems that might be related to auditory processing, you can use our quick screening to find out if there are any concerns. If you are concerned, regardless of the screening results, we recommend you visit your local audiologist or speech-language pathologist and recommend this app to get your child's auditory processing abilities tested thoroughly as well as traditional hearing testing performed.
This app contains a variety of fun games for children to play (ages 5 and up) and we measure their listening abilities while they play! Your specialist can then recommend the appropriate action including treatments and strengthening exercises based on these results.
For the professional:
Researchers for years have shown the importance of auditory processing abilities and their correlations to language, reading, and educational abilities. Professionals (audiologists, speech-language pathologists, educational psychologists, paediatricians, etc) have not been able to measure auditory processing abilities routinely. There are a variety of reasons given for this; time-constraints, cost-constraints, limited knowledge on how to administer, limited knowledge on how to interpret the findings. Now, the team at Acoustic Pioneer have created a fast, fun, and easy way to measure multiple areas of auditory processing using an iPad app! The assessment app has been developed and normed on over 1000 children. The results are analysed immediately and you will receive a report on the results for your client comparing their ability to that of same-aged peers and will come with recommendations including therapy options, suggestions for teachers, compensatory strategy suggestions, or other information that would be helpful.
- The animals are now introduced prior to playing the Animal Dichotic game
- If a session is only partially completed the data will now be sent so that a report can be generated if required
Ratings and Reviews
This is a very cute program and I can imagine kids loving it. I am a psychiatrist and would like to be able to do better screening for APD in kids, so hopefully this program will allow me to at some point.
1. I was not able to get the Koss earphones recommended to play separate sounds in right and left ears using an iPad-2 with iOs-8. I was able to accomplish this with an iPad3.
2. The sounds must be finished playing before the touch or swiping of the screen by the testee. This could be very problematic for impulsive ADD kids.
Finally an affordable, easy to use APD assessment tool!!
This App is not meant to take the place of a comprehensive APD evaluation but it fills a desperately needed gap. I believe it will help identify so many more individuals with auditory processing deficits, whatever their diagnosis may be.
- Acoustic Pioneer, Ltd.
- 41.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Acoustic Pioneer Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.