Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy
By Big Daddy's Creations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alliances are shattering, and hasty diplomatic treaties are made in secrecy. A confrontation of the superpowers seems inevitable – only the outcome of the galactic conflict remains to be seen. Which faction will emerge victorious and rule the galaxy?
A game of Eclipse places you in control of a vast interstellar civilization, competing for success with its rivals. You will explore new star systems, research technologies, and build mighty spaceships. There are many potential paths to victory, so you need to plan your strategy considering the strengths and weaknesses of your species, while paying attention to the other civilizations' endeavors.
Eclipse other civilizations and lead your people to victory!
* Official iOS version of the 'Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy' boardgame
* Deep and challenging 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate) gameplay
* 7 species with different strengths and weaknesses
* Customizable star systems, technology tree and ship designs
* Up to 6 players (human or AI)
* Asynchronous multiplayer with push notifications
* 3 AI difficulty levels
* In-game tutorial & manual
Eclipse received multiple awards:
* 2011 Charles S. Roberts Best Science-Fiction or Fantasy Board Wargame Nominee
* 2011 Jogo do Ano Nominee
* 2012 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Golden Geek Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Winner
* 2012 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
* 2012 JoTa Best Gamer Game Audience Award
* 2012 JUG Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Ludoteca Ideale Winner
* 2012 Lys Passioné Winner
* 2012 Tric Trac Nominee
What's New in Version 1.13
- Fixed multiplayer problems on iOS 7
Best Strategy Game for iOS
This is hands down the most fun game there is. I have played the board game maybe a handful of times but its so hard getting people together to play. With this game on my iPad I can play against anyone online or just play against a computer! Literally endless hours of fun with this! Its taking me awhile to remember all of the rules and I still keep losing to the computer but the ease of just pulling out the iPad and playing wherever i'm at is super nice!
Just like the board game
Plays just like the board game. The board game is more fun because it's live. This is great practice as it gives you the chance to try different strategies against different alien/human combos. The best part imo is that the game moves very fast in local game mode because the AI doesn't have to think about their actions like real people do. After a few games of this, the board game is even more fun. Great animation!
My favorite game...
Hands down my favorite game on iOS... Couple things I wish would change though...
1. Online games have a tendency to to just disappear. Little frustrating when you are getting close to winning and the game goes away.
2. Would love to see the expansion ported over!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 22, 2015
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 158 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Big Daddy's Creations, Wspolnik S.C.
- © 2013 Big Daddy's Creations
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.