MTB Project is your comprehensive mountain biking guide to the trails you want to ride - with offline maps, full GPS route info, elevation profiles, interactive features, photos, and more.
Like a guidebook, we suggest the best featured rides to explore—either near your current location or in an area you search for. Local experts show you the highlights, challenging features, and insights you need to plan a great ride.
• Find more than 77,000 miles of trail to shred with your crew.
• New rides and trails are constantly added to our incredibly detailed mountain bike trail and ride database.
• Your exact location is shown on the trail.
• Downloaded trails work offline for when you’re off the grid. (No cell reception required!)
• Enjoy high-resolution photos and detailed topographical trail maps.
• We’ll sync with your to-do list and check ins on MTBProject.com.
By using GPS, we can show your location on trails and vertical profiles. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In this release, we're adding fixes that prevent a crash in iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
Routes for mountain bike fans.
Works great on trail even w/o service.
Used the app on a long ride that I was doing for the first time that was out of cell service range. The app keep the map even without service. I had flagged the ride as "to do"; so maybe that helped keep the map stored. Since the ride was multiple hours, I didn't keep my phone out. But just consulted it half a dozen times to check my progress and verify that I had taken the correct turns/branches on the trail. Reentering the app, the app didn't automatically update my location. I had to reselect the map each time from my "to do" list. But once doing so my position updated immediately. Really invaluable tool. I also had the trail map but you often you have no idea when on the map you are. Gave great peace of mind to reduce energy needed for orienteering.
Holy smokes this is amazing!
Recently used MTBProject when heading up to ride some new trails in Indiana. Brown County has a ton of different trails to ride so it's pretty intimidating going there for the first time without anyone to guide you around. Using MTBProject I managed to navigate the trail system and do a super incredible loop put together using the maps and elevation plots on the app. Coolest feature I found was when riding up hill, you can pull up the elevation chart on the app and a little black dot pops up on the hill you're climbing and shows how much further up hill you have. The app also tracks exactly where you are on the trail so you know when to look out for connecting trails and such. Unbelievably helpful and was super impressed. Not sure how any mountain biker can get by without it.
- Recreational Equipment, Inc
- 92.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Adventure Projects LLC, 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.