Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
By Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Requires an Internet connection and iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5th Generation, iPad 2 or newer.
DECEPTIVELY SIMPLE. INSANELY FUN.
Pick up your cards and throw down the gauntlet! In Hearthstone, you play the hero in a fast-paced, whimsical card game of cunning strategy. In minutes, you’ll be unleashing powerful cards to sling spells, summon minions, and seize control of an ever-shifting battlefield. Whether it’s your first card game or you’re an experienced pro, the depth and charm of Hearthstone will draw you in.
JUMP RIGHT IN: Fun introductory missions bring you into the world of Hearthstone’s intuitive gameplay.
BUILD YOUR DECK: With hundreds of additional cards to win and craft - your collection grows with you.
HONE YOUR SKILLS: Play in practice matches against computer-controlled heroes of the Warcraft universe. Thrall, Uther, Gul’dan - they’re all here!
COLLECTION TRAVELS WITH YOU: Your card collection is linked to your Battle.net account - enabling you to switch your play between tablet and desktop with ease.
AND FIGHT FOR GLORY: When you’re ready, step into the Arena and duel other players for the chance to win awesome prizes!
Post feedback about the game in our forums:
* Español (Latinoamérica)
* Español (Europa)
* 한국어 (Korean)
* 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese)
* 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese)
©2015 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone and Heroes of Warcraft are trademarks, and Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S., and/or other countries.
What's New in Version 2.8.9554
* Pre-purchase “The Grand Tournament”
-- Starting late July, you can pre-purchase “The Grand Tournament” 50 card pack bundle from the in-game shop and unlock a special card back. The Grand Tournament packs can be opened in August when the expansion releases but the card back is available immediately!
* The following card backs have been added:
-- Darkspear – Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of July.
* Improvements have been made to Spectator Mode which include resolving the issue that could cause a card with a “Choose One” option to become stuck on screen.
* Fixed an issue with Rexxar’s golden hero portrait animation.
* The game will no longer freeze on the splash screen after being away for a while.
* You can once again search for cards that contain diacritics without specifying their proper marks.
* Fixed an issue with volume sliders.
* You will no longer get stuck on the matchmaking screen after a Tavern Brawl with a friend ends.
* Various audio, graphical, and UI issues have been resolved.
Fun pick up and play card game!
As a longtime blizzard fan I'll try and be as unbiased and objective as possible. This game is likely the most polished iPad game out there honestly, to be expected from a studio like blizzard's. Truth be told the only real competition are the magic games which are very well done, yet I believe the play until you have to buy is a terrible way to make people jump onboard. This isn't to say that hearthstone doesn't do the same thing to a certain extent. It is structured around the in game transactions, which to begin with make it really rough on new players. The pay to win structure is offset by the rng that most reviews comment on, and the way the decks are balanced. Despite that, the game is balanced quite well and even without paying for anything, leaves the player with a fun game regardless.
For me this game gets 4 stars only because the pay to win gap that it creates for players, but as I said balance makes up for most of it. So give this game a shot and be thankful that a huge developer brings both a good game and a community to the tablet scene. We need more games like this.
The game is mechanically okay and stylistically bad. The mechanisms of gameplay are very simple and optimally playing the game is easy, it is occasionally "brainless" like a "Match 3". Gameplay is also heavily influenced by "RNG". The graphical style of the boards and menus is annoying and "unclean", art for cards is inconsistent in style and lots of cards have bad art. Collecting new cards is fun. The game is definitely "pay to win", many cards are greatly better than the cards that are given to you for free. You may get all of the cards in the game for free but with a Card Pack a day, it would take extremely long. Paying to get cards faster gives an advantage. Card Packs are overpriced, $50 for 40 is the best deal, so if you need 500 in Card Packs to get all of the cards as many people say, you would need to spend over $600. The game is a fine "time killer" though.
Its a better problem, but still a problem.
I love hearthstone. It practically takes up my life at this point. However, there used to be a SERIOUSLY MAJOR disconnect issue that many people suffered. I had wanted nothing more but for that to be fixed. It seems to be a lot better, but now there is a lot of lag. The lag does not bother me as much as i can at least play the game but is still an issue nonetheless that other ppl might hate. The game is amazing and i recommend to get it if you like card games but the performance is still the big issue. Also plz fix the crashing and the occasional overheating. Great game, but subpar performance.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 29, 2015
- Version: 2.8.9554
- Size: 807 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
- © 2015 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Arena Admission$1.99
- Bundle of 7 Classic Packs$9.99
- Bundle of 2 Classic Packs$2.99
- Bundle of 15 Classic Packs$19.99
- Bundle of 7 Goblins vs Gnomes Packs$9.99
- Bundle of 40 Classic Packs$49.99
- Bundle of 2 Goblins vs Gnomes Packs$2.99
- Bundle of 15 Goblins vs Gnomes Packs$19.99
- Bundle of 50 “The Grand Tournament” Packs (Pre-purchase)$49.99
- Bundle: All 5 Blackrock Mountain Wings$24.99