Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
By Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Requires an Internet connection and iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5th Generation, iPad 2 or newer.
DECEPTIVELY SIMPLE. INSANELY FUN.
Blackrock Mountain: A Hearthstone Adventure
* Blackrock Mountain has been added and will be accessible starting April 2.
* Blackrock Mountain is a new single-player Adventure that pits you against challenging NPC (non-player character) adversaries. Blackrock Mountain can be unlocked with gold or real money and can be accessed by players who have unlocked all 9 heroes.
* Defeat 17 fearsome foes to unlock a total of 31 new Hearthstone cards for your collection, including 5 Legendary cards! Blackrock Mountain cards can easily be searched for within My Collection using the search function.
* An all-new interactive Blackrock-themed game board awaits you within the Adventure. Discover the surprises that stew in shimmering magma pools, hammer down the fine art of blacksmithing, and more.
* Overcome 9 nefarious Class Challenges that test your skills with each of the unique classes of Hearthstone.
* Defeating all of the bosses within a wing unlocks the extremely challenging Heroic Mode of that wing. Defeating all of the bosses of Blackrock Mountain on Heroic mode unlocks a new card back for your collection.
* Five unique wings await those brave enough to delve into Blackrock Mountain. Each of the five wings are available to purchase with real money or gold, with a new wing unlocking for players to enter each week over the course of April.
** Blackrock Depths—This sprawling underground city is the stronghold of the Dark Iron dwarves, thriving deep beneath the surface.
** Molten Core—Face fiery elemental minions in searing magma tunnels at the heart of Blackrock Mountain.
** Blackrock Spire—Climb to the heights of Blackrock Mountain to invade Nefarian’s domain and square off against ogres, orcs, and dragonkin.
** Blackwing Lair—Foil the lord of Blackrock by disrupting his attempts to create the perfect draconic minions.
** The Hidden Laboratory—The final showdown, where you’ll contend with fiendish technology, horrifying experimental monstrosities, and the mastermind behind them all.
Pick up your cards and throw down the gauntlet! In Hearthstone, you play the hero in a fast-paced, whimsical card game of cunning strategy. In minutes, you’ll be unleashing powerful cards to sling spells, summon minions, and seize control of an ever-shifting battlefield. Whether it’s your first card game or you’re an experienced pro, the depth and charm of Hearthstone will draw you in.
JUMP RIGHT IN: Fun introductory missions bring you into the world of Hearthstone’s intuitive gameplay.
BUILD YOUR DECK: With hundreds of additional cards to win and craft - your collection grows with you.
HONE YOUR SKILLS: Play in practice matches against computer-controlled heroes of the Warcraft universe. Thrall, Uther, Gul’dan - they’re all here!
COLLECTION TRAVELS WITH YOU: Your card collection is linked to your Battle.net account - enabling you to switch your play between tablet and desktop with ease.
AND FIGHT FOR GLORY: When you’re ready, step into the Arena and duel other players for the chance to win awesome prizes!
Post feedback about the game in our forums:
* Español (Latinoamérica)
* Español (Europa)
* 한국어 (Korean)
* 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese)
* 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese)
©2015 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone and Heroes of Warcraft are trademarks, and Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S., and/or other countries.
What's New in Version 2.6.8834
* The following card backs have been added:
Ninja – Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of May
Heroes of the Storm – Acquired during the Heroes of the Storm cross promotion event
* Added support for 64-bit devices.
* Resolved an issue with Invite Spectator and Kick Spectator buttons in the Nearby Players list.
* Tablet versions of the game should now able to purchase multiple packs at a time with gold.
* Fixed various graphical, sound, and UI issues.
Unbalanced/Awful game design
First, if you make a card game with matchmaking and a ranking system. Do not pair new players who have nothing with people who have had the game for a significantly longer time or people who farm noobs by losing matches on purpose so they can play people who have no cards. How am I supposed to complete quests and earn cards if I get paired up against people who actually do have cards. I refuse to pay just to obtain cards so I have a chance to win. That's just preposterous. At least make it so there's multiple quests or ways to earn coins ffs. Also, if I do so happen to get paired up against someone who also is new to the game I can most of the time win two matches at rank 20 because of this and then instantly lose the next 3 to, as mentioned before, people who sit there farming new players! Make a queue setting where it analyzes how many games someone's played or how many cards they have so you can actually be paired up fairly. The game is supposedly RNG for matchmaking but it can't be because of the human factors that there are noob farmers and people who have spent money to obtain more cards against a few new players. The ratio is almost 2:1. I can only stand so much BS. If the next update isn't something to fix this entire game I'm done. It's not worth money, and it's not worth wasting time trying to obtain cards so you can actually enjoy the game.
Misleading Money Pit, Pay to Compete
If you want to spend hundreds of dollars winning maybe 50-60% of the time, go right ahead. Otherwise, you'll play the role of fodder for those players who did spend $$$. Blizzard's developers have acknowledged that the matching system needs to be fixed, yet it still hasn't been addressed. Why would they fix something that is necessary to keeping players who will pay anything to win?
I'm tired of supporting game developers who utilize manipulation, bait and switch, and other unethical tactics to frustrate players into spending money. Sure, this game is "free" to download, but good luck accessing most of it without paying. I played for more than 6 months, spent $60 on the game, and still could not build most competitive decks due to lack of key cards. How much more should I spend on a mobile/computer game? It's not like I have anything physical to show for that money, nor do I have any kind of guarantee that I will have access to what I have purchased overtime. They can shut it down tomorrow and walk away with all the money they are taken and none of us will have recourse. Until the United States puts strict regulations on these developers, I will be spending money with this in mind and I suggest you do the same.
We seriously need regulation of these freemium games.
Fun addicting game
First off, I've only paid about $30 dollars on this game (solely on Adventure Mode) and I have not spent money on packs and I do fairly well on matches. It's completely random and yes, if you pay with money for packs, chances are you'll get a legendary card more often than the player who doesn't, but it doesn't make it unplayable. I might be biased since I've been playing this game back when it was in Beta, but friends who recently started have fun and don't spend money on packs. I say, give it a try and play a couple of rounds. The matchmaking is a bit bugged since you can get matched with a higher ranked player in casual mode but I've never felt overwhelmed by it. The quests are simple enough and there are good amount of free basic deck guides to start with and learn the basics of the game. All in all, the only game I'd spend money on for the iPhone.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 14, 2015
- Version: 2.6.8834
- Size: 778 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
- © 2015 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Arena Admission$1.99
- Bundle of 7 Classic Packs$9.99
- Bundle of 2 Classic Packs$2.99
- Bundle of 15 Classic Packs$19.99
- Bundle of 7 Goblins vs Gnomes Packs$9.99
- Bundle of 40 Classic Packs$49.99
- Bundle of 2 Goblins vs Gnomes Packs$2.99
- Bundle of 15 Goblins vs Gnomes Packs$19.99
- Bundle: All 5 Blackrock Mountain Wings$24.99
- Bundle: Naxxramas Wings 2 - 5$19.99