L-Lingo Learn Thai
By Smart Language Apps Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
You don't have to know anything about the Thai language to use L-Lingo Thai to equip yourself to converse in Thai.
L-Lingo is designed to be easy to use. It exploits multimedia channels - words, recordings of native speech, and pictures - to enable you to grasp new words and phrases useful on the road, when mingling with native speakers, in day-to-day or family life, and when working.
- Thousands of words and sentences -all visualized with images
- Full native speaker pronunciation
- Fun Quizzes
- Clear and easy to understand design of the program
See a pineapple in a supermarket, and the correct word pops into your head! Thanks to L-Lingo, you have learned the word visually, as well as by listening and reading.
Our Thai lessons make you learn Thai words and phrases quickly. Before you know it, you can easily utter Thai words and Thai sentences!
L-Lingo immerses you in the sights and sounds of the Thai language, rather than just the written word.
The multi-channel learning approach achieves results much quicker than traditional textbook approaches.
Our Thai 105 lessons (full version) cover the following:
- Introductions & Greetings
- At Home
- At the Airport
- At the Hotel
- At the Office
- Telling the Time
- Meals and Cooking
- Asking Questions
- Buying and Selling
- Landscapes and Nature
- Family and Relationships
- Countries and Continents
- Days, Weeks, Months etc.
- Quantities and Shapes
- Present, Past and Future tenses
What's New in Version 5.80
This update brings you much improved images (some of the images will be downloaded on the first launch after the update has been installed).
One major benefit and many flaws
The great thing about this app is how it helps you learn words by giving enjoyable exercises enabling you to practice using several different approaches and repetition. This is very effective.
The bad things:
1. Many words are formal and not those used in everyday speech.
2. Many words are not explained at all.
3. The grammar explanations are far from enough for you to understand the logic in many sentences.
4. Many words are not among the, say, 4000 words you would need the most.
5. Many sentences are way too long and complicated for beginners.
6. Several more flaws
If you can already speak basic thai, this app can be a great help. For beginners this app is better avoided as it will make your learning journey unnecessary hard, you will learn mechanically without understanding, and you will have to de- and re-learn quite a lot later on.
This is a wonderful app. I have had it for years, and can say it has measurably helped me with my Thai language. The absence of English and emphasis on emersion are an important aspect. I can't tell you how much help the support team has been - especially Melanie at Smart Language Apps - in recovering the app that was accidentally deleted.
Very nice supplement for learning Thai!
I like this app so far. I have been trying to teach myself Thai, and this app helps a lot with grammar and vocabulary. The option to switch between transliteration and Thai script is very nice. I would say this alone is not enough to teach you Thai, but it's great for practice!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 21, 2016
- Version: 5.80
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Smart Language Apps Limited
- © Smart Language Apps Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stage 1-3 (Lessons 1-105)$19.99
- L-Lingo, Full Version$14.99
- Stage 1 (Lessons 1-35)$9.99
- Stage 3 (Lessons 71-105)$9.99
- Stage 2 (Lessons 36-70)$9.99