Creative Writing Prompts
By Tanner Christensen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 creative writing prompts app for iPhone and iPad. "Getting stuck with writer's block is a huge pain. Prompts provides helpful inspiration." - Mashable
Get more than 1,000 starting lines and creative writing prompts to inspire you and give you ideas for improving your creative writing. Great for students, amateur writers, or professionals who want to free write often.
** Part of the Apple Education program, so teachers and schools get a discount when buying this app! **
• Prompts gets you writing, even when you don't know where to start or if you feel stuck
• Access to more than 1,000 unique starting lines and creative prompts
• Adjustable font size
• Auto save so you never lose a word of writing
• Write in either landscape or portrait view, on your iPhone or iPad
• Share your writing by email, Twitter, or Facebook, or export to Evernote or Day One
• View writing stats like most active time of day and which day you write the most
• Set daily writing reminders to keep yourself motivated
• Sync with Dropbox to automatically backup your latest writing to the cloud!
Why use Prompts for free writing?
• Prompts is full of entirely original writing prompts. Feeling stuck? Press the lightning bolt at any time and you'll be presented with a prompt to help inspire you.
• Even if you don't know where to start writing, just open the app and press the plus button to get a random and totally unique idea in the form of a starting line. There are hundreds of completely original ideas to start from.
• On the bus, in the break room, anywhere you are, Prompts helps you become a better writer and build a writing habit with just a few minutes a day.
• Share your writing by email, Twitter, Facebook, Evernote, or Day One, or sync automatically with Dropbox to save your writing in the cloud.
Write full screen and swipe down to bring the menu back into view. It's a great way to write without distractions, using as much of the screen as possible!
Set daily reminders to keep your writing habits healthy, bookmark the projects you're working on, and even monitor your writing stats to see which days and times you're at your best. Adjust font style and size to match your writing style, whatever style that is for you.
#### Check out my other hit apps in the App Store ####
- Brainbean, creative brain games for kids (and adults) on your iPad
- Wordid, a creative, fast-paced, and fun word game for your iPhone
- Oflow, gives you hundred of ways to get unstuck
- Snaplight, helps you capture and highlight quotes from the real world
Whether you want to write more just for fun or if you write for a profession, you are going to love how Prompts helps you write.
Prompts is perfect for writers, bloggers, journalists, educators and students (college or kids), copywriters, marketers, or anyone who just likes to write.
What's New in Version 1.6
Thanks for using Prompts! This version has a lot of great updates:
• Improved starting lines and prompts
• Improved file formatting in preparation for file structure updates
• Preparing for additional bug fixes
• Additional "intelligent prompts" support
• Universal format for writing on either iPhone or iPad
• New interface for iOS 8 and support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• Now faster and smoother interaction
• Preparing for major update with improved Dropbox syncing, smart writing goals, and more!
I loved this app...
I loved you could link to Dropbox, I loved the auto save, and the simplicity. I was in love with this app, I've used it for a year and a half. It was beautiful and perfect for aspiring writers, such as myself. One thing though, if you delete it, on accident as I did, you have nothing. NOTHING. It's like a new app. Nothing but the "Welcome to Prompts" tips and tricks note. I had over 60 notes. All important to me. One of them was a manuscript that I've been working on for months. Many were poems I'd written also. So, unless they reply to my email, I'm screwed and will seriously degrade this app to everyone I know. For I believe this is ridiculous, you may have just destroyed my future. Thanks.
I was actually surprised. When I first used it, I found it boring. But if you have it on Starting Lines, it gives you some good ideas to start. There is also a button where it gives you ideas on where to take it. It's nice. Plus it counts your words.
Now, years later, it is my favorite app on my phone. I use it daily. It's really easy to navigate and use. I love it.
I recommend it completely. It was so worth the money.
Great App - Needs slight changes
I thoroughly enjoy this app. The prompts are very nice and help with writers block or as a warm up to writing other important things. I noticed that if I started a prompt and didn't like it, or chose not to write it for some reason, it counted as a 0 word count entry. This is frustrating because I actually was looking forward to seeing the average word count per entry. I think that the average word count per entry should only be based on saved entries and not all attempts.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 20, 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tanner Christensen
- © 2014 Tanner Christensen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.