PlanetSide 2 Mobile Uplink
By Sony Online Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PlanetSide 2 Mobile Uplink is the official app for SOE's Massively Multiplayer FPS PlanetSide 2.
The app features a comprehensive guide to weapons, vehicles, classes and more. Receive near real time character stats, leaderboards, and updates from PlanetSide 2.
Plus voice chat to your character's outfit in the game!
There is an expansive library of community content as well.
Features at a Glance:
* All Weapons, Vehicles, Classes
➙ Basic and Detailed Stats
➙ Filter by weapon type
* Character data
➙ Online status
➙ Cert points
➙ Player stats
➙ Continent map overviews
➙ Live dynamic updates of territory and facility control changes
* iPhone/iPod Wallpapers
➙ PS2 backgrounds
➙ PS2 News Feeds
* Community Content
➙ Dynamically updated content by the PS2 Community
➙ Search for PS2 Videos
➙ Videos and Video Channels
What's New in Version 1.0.1
-Voice chat auto connect
I want more use
This is a great step in the right direction that is very well made but I think we can get a lot more use out of it. Lots of folks to play this type of game have a tablet iPod of some sort. It did say something about signing out of the chat before you signed into game very understandable. But what I would like to see is that I can use my tablet next to my computer while playing the game to get extra information on the current game that I'm playing. Specifically I would like to see the map be more dynamic with names of places and all of the information that I get in game from my map, For example troop counts, where the action is happening, major battles. I would like this so I can have my tablet out and next to me while I play even though my tablet will not show my current position I will have more information on the second screen. I think it will make a more immersive game experience. Otherwise great app.
Wanted to give 5 stars
I've done a couple revisions of my review already after using the app while playing the game. I love the idea of this app being a companion interface with the game, unfortunately it is next to useless because of a couple of issues:
- The main draw for this app for me was to use the map on my ipad while playing the game. Unfortunately the map does not automatically refresh, so you really have no reason to use it over the in game map.
- There is also no way to place waypoints, which would really make this app useful. Basically the app's map should function like the in-game map as much as is possible. I'd love to be able to just remove my mini map from my in game view and just use my ipad. That would be amazing.
- No matter where you are in the app you should be able to access your voice chat.
These are just the major usefulness problems. I think SOE should consider those issues first, as they may require a bit of extra thought on how the app and the data feed systems work.
Also I would totally pay for features like this. SOE could charge for the app, or just for those features, or have it so only premium members have access to certain features.
Planet status doesn't work
This app is great and it had a lot of detailed information that's awesome to have on hand when playing and away. The only thing that seems to not work correctly is the planet status, not sure if it's on every ones app. But every time I open up planet status the loading bar fills and then it tries to open the map and shuts down. This is on iPhone 6+, but that's the only other issue I've been able to find so far! Get that fixed and 5 stars from forsure! Keep the good work!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 18, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Sony Online Entertainment LLC
- © 2013 Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Powered by AppBurst. © 2013 AppBurst LLC. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.