Dots: A Game About Connecting
By Betaworks One
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dots is a game about connecting.
• #1 Game in 21 Countries
• Top 5 iPhone App in 30 Countries
The task is simple; connect as many same-colored dots as you can in 60 seconds. Get competitive by connecting Twitter and Facebook to see your friends' scores on the High Scores list. Weekly score boards reset every Sunday, giving you a chance to make it to the top! Check out Endless Mode, the no-limits, gravity shuffling mode of Dots. An un-timed, moves based mode is available; kick back and take your time while planning strategic moves. You can also prove that you are better at Dots than your friends with our local Multiplayer mode. Play a board then pass to a friend for an ultimate one on one showdown.
Each dot you earn can be spent on Power Ups. When used wisely, Power Ups can have a big impact on boosting your score! Get more dots for every dot removed from a game, or, if you're short on time, you can buy them.
What's New in Version 2.0
Play with your friends, or get auto-matched with players from across the globe in our new mode Dots Challenges! How many connections can you make?
I will hit Play Again so fast I sometimes don't even see my score from the previous play. It can get more interesting to play as I start to discover more options within the game (Shrinkers, Expanders) and as I learn new strategies, and I love to zing around a big square just to hear the musical chord that results build longer and higher. Ingenious.
I also used to love the little dot people I would see as I hit new milestones. Somehow, though, I am stuck and almost never see them anymore :(
They were reminiscent of Ed Emberly's thumbprints and were another huge motivator cleverly built in to the game.
All that said, it's all too easy to keep playing it over and over....for way too long at a stretch!
This is irritating!
I've had this game for a while now and have been completely happy with it! I supported the game by buying the endless and double dots add ons. I find it completely stupid that the creators would:
1. Give the opportunity for extra time/moves. This creates an unfair advantage for the wealthy.
2. Have that "opportunity" pop up anytime I get what seems like 100 dots near my high score. It's very irritating, maybe more so than an add.
3. Ruin a perfectly great game. Ever heard the saying "don't fix what isn't broke?" I have and find it to be a true one. I feel as though you did this just to get extra money, which I would be completely fine with if it weren't for the manner in which you set up the in-app purchase for the extra moves/time. I vote if you want to keep that, put it how you did the double dots purchase. That way your customers know it's there, but it isn't in our way. My review will change if you fix this annoying nickel-dime layout you have set up.
Love both 30-moves and Endless Dots
I like strategy games, but not speed games. If the 30-moves option wasn't available, I wouldn't have this game.
That said, the 30-moves option is there, and I am totally addicted to it. I LOVE it. I haven't multiplied out all the permutations of possible games because I'm too busy playing...but I am pretty sure I am unlikely to see the same start of a game twice.
I could probably do nothing but eat, sleep, and play this game all the rest of my time.
Get it! Buy the very cheaply priced Endless option. It's great to have when you're too tired to strategize :-)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 26, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 6.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: BETAWORKS ONE, INC.
- © 2013 Betaworks One
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Endless Mode$1.99
- 50,000 dots$4.99
- 5,000 dots$0.99
- 15,000 dots$1.99
- End Of Game Power Up$0.99
- 150,000 dots$9.99
- Dot Doubler$4.99