Drone Control US - Remote Control your AR.Drone
By digitalsirup GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is a remote control application for Parrot's new quadrocopter: the AR.Drone. Of course it is only useful if you already have the AR.Drone hardware from Parrot.
** iOS 8 NOTE: activate flight mode first, then activate wifi and connect to the AR.Drone. Otherwise you will get sluggish video stream. The wifi gauge shows weak signal under iOS 8 but this does not effect the wifi range. **
Use the well known interface to control your drone. Keyfeatures:
* Autonomous flight / target tracking
* Support for 60Beat game pad controller.
* Record videos and take photos.
* Shows wifi signal strength.
* Full compatibility with AR.Drone 1 and 2.
* Flip Control for AR.Drone 2 to allow back flip, front flip and side flips.
* Photo Library, manage and share your videos and photos.
* Log and plot navigation data and alert messages.
* Full customizable HUD, choose from different designs.
* Shows Flight time, altitude, roll, yaw.
* Alert messages can have sound effects. Customize battery alerts.
* Take interval photos.
* Telnet and other tools to gather log files and other informations from your AR.Drone.
* Firmware manager included. Upgrade and Downgrade Firmware version easily.
* Localized in german and english. You can select from different units in the settings: centimeter, meter, inch and feet.
* All graphics iPhone 4 retina display ready.
* Uses the bigger screen of the iPhone 5.
* Drone Control is an universal app for iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch.
Please note this is a special US-Version of Drone Control without tilt-control and also without absolute control. See ardrone-flyers.com for the latest info on this issue.
This application is not endorsed by Parrot and Parrot is not offering support for the app. If you are experience any problems please use www.digitalsirup.com to get in touch with me.
What's New in Version 2.7.1
Improves MFI gamepads control. You will have the best experience using "extended layout" controllers. (With 2 additional analog sticks)
I use this app with a Bluetooth controller. It works but I find the control to be very sensitive and just a little joystick movement can impact the flight. As a result, it is rather difficult to achieve a good smooth flight, especially when changing direction. If the developer can provide a dial to adjust the input sensitivity of the sticks, I would give this app 5 stars. Thanks and keep up the good work.
Operations are usable but not overly responsive
The connectivity is unreliable, annoying, and time consuming. Drone connects with tablet wi-fi but app takes at least one minute to connect. It needs prompt or time bar to indicate time remaining and operating. Try restarting tablet if too many bugs
I'm so glad I can fly my ar drone now... I love this new app' it's so cool'
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 19, 2014
- Version: 2.7.1
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: digitalsirup GmbH
- © 2015 digitalsirup GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.