By 31x Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Build the ultimate transport empire!
Take control of your own fledgling transport company, and use your engineering skill and business acumen to keep cargo and passengers moving - and keep the money rolling in!
Transport Tycoon contains everything that made the original PC game an all-time classic, plus a whole host of brilliant new features - bigger, richer worlds, deeper simulation and a huge variety of land, sea and air vehicles. The intuitive new touch screen interface makes it easier than ever to build and maintain your transport network.
Whether you're planning and constructing ambitious engineering projects, or simply exploring the intricately simulated workings of the game's world, Transport Tycoon is your ticket to many hours of absorbing and rewarding entertainment.
TRANSPORT TYCOON is the definitive version of the classic simulation game, created by 31x and Origin8 Technologies in collaboration with Chris Sawyer, the original designer and developer of the TRANSPORT TYCOON and ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON franchises.
• Deploy bus and tram networks to grow sleepy towns into bustling cities.
• Lay cross-country railroads to keep industries supplied with precious resources.
• Construct massive bridges, dig tunnels and deploy earth-moving tools to carve a path through mountainous terrain.
• Build air and sea ports to transport cargo and passengers further and faster in an accelerating world.
• A wide range of beautiful landscapes including deserts, forests, mountains, valleys and islands.
• Several ‘real-world’ scenarios modelled on regions of North America and Europe at different periods in the 20th century.
• A richly simulated world with changing seasons and working industries, farms and towns.
• An all-new interface puts everything you need to explore and interact with the world at your fingertips.
• Over 150 vehicle types allowing you to choose the ideal transport solution for every situation.
• Use railway junctions and signals to allow multiple trains to share your rail routes.
• Modify vehicles and stations and assign new routes to adapt your business in real time.
• Upgrade and replace old vehicles as new and better ones are invented – all the way to supersonic jets and bullet trains!
• Play through 49 scenarios expertly designed to suit all skill levels and playing styles.
• Try to stay one step ahead of advanced A.I.-driven competitor's companies.
• Track your progress and troubleshoot your business with in-depth company statistics.
• Prove yourself worthy of the title of Transport Tycoon and take on the life-consuming 100 Year Challenges!
Like Transport Tycoon on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tycoonsim
Follow Transport Tycoon on Twitter: @TransportTycoon
Transport Tycoon © 1994, 2013 31X Ltd. Created by Chris Sawyer. Transport Tycoon ® 31X Ltd. All rights reserved.
Transport Tycoon is a Universal App compatible with iPhone 4 and newer, iPod touch 4th generation and newer, and iPad 2 and newer including iPad Mini. iOS 6.0 or above recommended.
All content and features are included with no additional purchases required.
What's New in Version 1.0.6
* Desert scenarios sand colour
* Issue with some stuck trains in stations
* Rare crash issue during terraform
Many fixes including:
* Closing industries weren't always clearing all their fields
* Screen wasn't redrawing if dragged during pause mode
* Underground road, track or tram pieces were being heavily overcharged
* Displaying long trains in information windows
* Number of airports allowed in town
* Broken down vehicles would never repair
* Rare crash bug occurring after some industries closed down
* Plane waiting to leave airports cycling through their instructions if their exit was blocked
* Newly built industries didn't correctly accept goods from all nearby stations
* Fix for iCloud sync and save issues
Read the Game's Forums
I raised my rating after finding tips that make the game more fun... For example, town growth is easy. They get plenty big. Oil rigs and helicopters are available.
This is basically Chris Sawyer's PC game Locomotion. It's good, but the PC code base was fantastic as Rollercoaster Tycoon. Let's hope *that* makes it to iOS.
Btw, the developer did a great job converting the interface from PC- to touch-screen centric.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 05, 2014
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 128 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: 31x Limited
- © 31x Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.